Join for free
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 09:17 AM

Thanks for your welcome

Good Day everybody and may you all have a nice day. I would like to express my thanks for your welcome and your speedy recovery wishes for my wife. I am a bit slow picking things up, both mentally and physically, but I am inclined to ramble on a bit. You may be wondering about my name, peripheral. Here is a blog that I hope will explain why I chose it.

Are you wondering where my name came from? I used to attend a clinic in Manchester for heart treatment. During one visit I mentioned to the doctor about numbness I had in my right big toe. He examined me and, within 15 minutes, told me that I had peripheral neuropathy. Now you know where my name comes from. He told me to contact my doctor ASAP. I don't have a doctor called ASAP so I contacted my usual doctor. To cut a long story even longer, he sent me to the hospital where tests were carried out. I had to make regular visits. Two years, you got that? TWO years later I was informed I had peripheral neuropathy. Two years for the NHS to tell what was wrong whilst a private doctor had told me in 15 minutes. For those with a desire for medical knowledge, the full title is Axonal Sensory Peripheral Neuropathy. Try saying that with a mouthful of porridge. PN, as it is called, was caused by something I was taking for my heart complaint. Please don't all go rushing off your doctor if I tell what caused it. It is a VERY rare side effect. I was the unlucky one. The drug that caused it?...statins. There is no cure for PN. ...
Is this too long for a blog? Never done one before. I thought a blog was something you had in your nose when suffering from a heavy cold.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 02:30 PM

Re: Thanks for your welcome

Aww Peri it is a good account.
Well explained. X
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 02:48 PM

Re: Thanks for your welcome

Good news that your wife is recovering. Hope you are doing well, too. Your sense of humor is still in tact, and that's an extremely important part of your side effects.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top