Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 09:05 PM

Colonizing in another planet

Would you ever join a mission to colonize another planet if it meant never returning to earth?

(Sorry for the typing error in the title. I meant to say Planet and I said Plant)
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 09:06 PM

Re: Colonizing in another planet

Do you think space tourism will be big in the near future? Would you want to go on a trip?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 09:55 PM

I have no desire to leave England, let alone our World.
Who knows what could happen in the future centuries providing humans are still alive on this planet that is.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Do you think space tourism will be big in the near future? Would you want to go on a trip?
Not before it becomes apparent why local folks congregate.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 01:02 AM

No thanks but I've got a list of people I'd like to go.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 03:45 AM

I hope not. We've wrecked this one badly enough as is.

Even talking this way, the universe is shuddering at the thought, you know, like the way you feel when you get the news that your friends with the out-of-control kids are coming for the weekend .
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 06:32 AM

Given that the total destruction of planet earth is pretty much assured with in the not to distant future the chances of humans ever colonising another planet are remote.

Past generations can be forgiven for pollution, deforestation, over fishing, causing the extinction of so much life on this planet as they did not have the knowledge that we have had for quite some decades yet have not acted on in any meaningful way. This is why plastic now exists in every life form on the planet including humans and who knows what the long term effects will be.

We live in polluted city's which in the UK the causes 40,000 deaths every year due to respiratory problems.

Although three quarters of the planet is covered in water we are facing severe shortages of fresh water in the future and there will likely be major wars over fresh water supplies.

With ever increasing population food production will be a major problem with never more rain forest destruction to make way for farms which of course will effect the planets ability to absorb harmful gases which in turn will impact the climate and what we now call freak weather will become the norm.

I personally thinking it is too late especially when our own government decided to apply a sticking plaster to the plastic issued by announcing acted in single use plastic.

The greed of businesses continues to take precedence and when you have an idiot as president of the USA who denies that there is not a problem with our climate and increasing fossil fuel burning then I am afraid the human as a species is doomed andcwill certainly not exist long enough to invent the technology that we will need to leave our solar system and explore other galaxies.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 09:32 AM

Not now I think that's for young fit people that can form families to make it work, I'd encourage young people to do it though as it must be most exciting and if it worked .. just imagine what they could build without any traditional rules.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 09:53 AM

I think a certain president should be sent on a one way trip to the far reaches of the universe.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 10:17 AM

I'm annoyed I won't see it all...I would love to see other planets and life forms. Too old im afraid we will all be pushing up daisies...it would be great to see it all though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top