Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 02:22 PM

Archie is at rest

I can't recall ever posting in this blog b4, today I t5hought I'd share a bit about my late cat ARCHIE, a semi-feral ginger TOM

I suffered dreadfuly as a child with allergies, Cats were number ONE.
When my daughter (number2) was a teenager she had problems and we were recommended to ADOPT A Cat.

aLONG CAME Archie & AMAZINGLY I WAS NOT AFFECTED.

sorry caps.

Here is an extract from his diary, dictated by him & typed by me.

-------------------------------------------
CHRISTMAS APPROACHES

They’re at it again, this time of year they start bringing objects home, looking very pleased with themselves. Then they wrap this junk up in garish shiny paper & hide the parcel for a few weeks,. Out they come again& this time they’re put under a fir tree in my front room, my favourite spot for sharpening my claws. Then, would you Adam & Eve it, they pull off the paper & give each other these objects.

Waste of paper, if you ask me. Mind you, when all their relatives visit them, they lock me in their bedroom, it’s lovely & comfy in there, so I make a point of not crapping or throwing up in that room. Fair do’s eh?

Robert is spending a lot of time in the shed lately, he can’t be making anything cos he can’t hammer a nail in straight. I think he has a nap in the old armchair he’s put in there. I’m not allowed in there cos of frightening his canaries, I’ll do more than scare ‘em if I ever get in there.

Ay up, it’s light outside, I think I’ll go out & snarl a bit, too cold to stay

-------

Ah such is life

---------------------------------------------

Today is a special day. We have been caring for Archie's ashes for 4 years while my daughter was waiting to have a gardn of her own to lay Archie to rest, along with Gucci his pal. Today we have delivered both caskets to my daughter
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 02:27 PM

Re: Archie is at rest

I hope your daughter will bury some treats with them and a some of those cat toys that humans play with but cats never touch.

Long live Archie and his pal Gucci.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I hope your daughter will bury some treats with them and a some of those cat toys that humans play with but cats never touch.

Long live Archie and his pal Gucci.
Thanks LD, Helen is excruciatingly well organised, but she may not have thought of the afterlife.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 03:32 PM

I'm sure they've been at rest for a while robert, when you see anyone, any animal die you see their soul leave and all you have left is a body. So while their bodies are now resting I'm convinced their souls have been resting for the past four years.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 03:43 PM

Awwwww! I can’t help but get choked up reading this.
I’m so glad you had the chance to have the companionship of a loving pet.
There’s nothing quite like it. I’m glad you have a special place at your home and in your heart for your beloved furry friends.
I’ll redo my makeup . Lol
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 04:10 PM

That was lovely Robert or shall I say Archie.
Glad that Archie will be laid to rest now.
I still have my last cat's Ashes with us in our bedroom.

How old was Archie?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

06-11-2018, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm sure they've been at rest for a while Robert, when you see anyone, any animal die you see their soul leave and all you have left is a body. So while their bodies are now resting I'm convinced their souls have been resting for the past four years.
I often feel Archie's "something" near me & I don't mean that in a sentimental or psychic way.
I am in the advanced stages of Parkinson's disease and that combined with the strong meds taken tend to cause hallucinations. "Seeing" Archie is one of the more pleasant ones.Thank you Julie
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

06-11-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
That was lovely Robert or shall I say Archie.
Glad that Archie will be laid to rest now.
I still have my last cat's Ashes with us in our bedroom.

How old was Archie?
You are very kind.

I have written quite a few pages of Archie's works & which I posted in OFF in 2012 when he was still around to offer grammatical advice & edit it all.
Many's the time he corrected for me a CATalogue of CATastrophic capers.

Seriously he was 14 when he died after a short illness, in the arms of my wife of 47 years, nurse Gillian

Archie was a brute of a cat, sizewise & no cat came into our patio garden while he was in situ. we lived on a main road but to the rear it was the wooded old Vicarage walled garden.
It never occurred to him to go out the front door, thus avoiding the danger of traffic hurtling past.

BTW, my son had OBERON, the littermate. Oberon died 2 weeks after Archie.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

06-11-2018, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Awwwww! I can’t help but get choked up reading this.
I’m so glad you had the chance to have the companionship of a loving pet.
There’s nothing quite like it. I’m glad you have a special place at your home and in your heart for your beloved furry friends.
I’ll redo my makeup . Lol
Archie was my only cat. I didn't think it fair to my many collections of caged and aviary birds over 50 years.
Archie ignored them, probably because he figured them out of bounds behind wire netting. He got in ONCE, but being spoilt for choice of a snack, took too long and I safely whisked him out
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 08:09 PM

That was a lovely story Robert and I'm sure Archie and Tom will continue to fill a place in your heart forever.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top