Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 09:10 PM

Personalities

I wonder where our personalities come from? How much of personality is genetic and how much is from the environment?

Has any of your personality traits been useful to get you ahead in life?

And what about the personalities of some of your friends and family? Do you like their personalites?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 09:51 PM

Re: Personalities

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I wonder where our personalities come from? How much of personality is genetic and how much is from the environment?

Has any of your personality traits been useful to get you ahead in life?

And what about the personalities of some of your friends and family? Do you like their personalites?
Interesting question WB.

I have to confess that I have been stern at times. But sometimes things just melt your heart,,,,

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 10:43 PM

I think we are born with a personality but then life shapes how it turns out.

It's a bit like baking a cake. You start with the ingredients and it's up to life and your environment and your decisions as to what comes out of the oven. But as to the ingredients, some people may have cherries, others may have nuts, some may have coconut. We are all born with different characters and life kneads and mixes us into who we become.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Interesting question WB.

I have to confess that I have been stern at times. But sometimes things just melt your heart,,,,

That would melt any animal lover's hearts.....Thanks Bes.......
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

07-11-2018, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

It's a bit like baking a cake. You start with the ingredients and it's up to life and your environment and your decisions as to what comes out of the oven. But as to the ingredients, some people may have cherries, others may have nuts, some may have coconut. We are all born with different characters and life kneads and mixes us into who we become.
Beautiful post Annie.
Do you think we are 'born' with the personalities of our parents?
Because, everyone always told me I was exactly life my mother with my personality, always loving to have fun, and enjoying life to the fullest....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

Yep, I'd agree with that, Annie.

Life, experiences, and cirumstances shape us, but not sure if they change the basic personality that is underneath.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 01:37 AM

According to psychologists and the like, it's a nature verses nurture issue. I think it's a combination of both. I will say that I was shy as a kid and religion taught me I wasn't worth much. After all kinds of bad stuff happened to me, I decided being shy was boring. I rejected the religion. I also realized it didn't matter what anyone thought of me as long as I was true to myself. Everything that has happened to me has helped shape me into who I am because I chose to grow from it all.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 01:48 AM

Ones personality can only truly be judged face to face. What one may think of a person on a forum may well be different in real life.

Circumstances an affect ones personality as well as the way one is taught when growing up.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 09:46 AM

Some of it's genetic I am convinced, I have my dads stubbornness and he had his dads stubbornness.

Some is learned and formed though I deliberately try to be like my nan as I admired her so much, apparently I'm also very like my great aunt but I never met her.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 09:50 AM

yes agree we are born with personality's. I never got mine from my parents thats for sure ; they where serious side of life and us 7 siblings all have humour and fun side ' dead opposite to them ..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top