Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Cherie B
Oxfordshire
Cherie B is female  Cherie B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 06:40 PM

Re: The Day The Music Died.

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Cherie...you are spot on, this is the way I remember the whole story unfolding, back when I was in high school on February 3rd, 1959... We lost three amazing talents on that fateful day...
By the way Beautiful Filly, I forgot to ask y ou earlier, whether when you were in high school, you heard the Ruby Wright tribute song, I think it's pretty good.
Cherie B
Oxfordshire
Cherie B is female  Cherie B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 06:44 PM

Hiya sweetie pie, just to thank you for finding and posting the newspaper clipping - I fiund it very interesting.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cherie B ->
Hiya sweetie pie, just to thank you for finding and posting the newspaper clipping - I fiund it very interesting.
You are most welcome. x
Cherie B
Oxfordshire

15-11-2018, 10:28 PM

That'll Be The Day -Buddy Holly & The Crickets

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 12:25 AM

That'll Be The Day -Buddy Holly & The Crickets

Poingnant. X
Cherie B
Oxfordshire

16-11-2018, 09:22 PM

La Bamba - Ritchie Valens

Cherie B
Oxfordshire

16-11-2018, 09:28 PM

Chantilly Lace - The Big Bopper
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 10:08 AM

These guys were well before my time but their music contribution to the world was a major game changer.
Think I have a Buddy Holly album somewhere in my collection but that was probably passed to me by my older sisters they loved all the rock n roll music of that period.
Cherie B
Oxfordshire

18-11-2018, 05:09 PM

Nice to meet you longfellow and thankyou for replying to my thread.

I love Rock 'n Roll music and all the artists assosiacted with that genre especially Buddy Holly and Ritchie Valens, sad to say that Chantilly Lace was the only Big Bopper record that I'd heard, however, I am a great Elvis Presley and Billy Fury fan.

Aswell as Rock I'm into The Blues, namely Frankie Miller, Gary Moore, Peter Green and Joe Bonamassa - to name but a few. Also listen to Opera - Puccini being my favourite and enjoy listening to Classical where Tchaikovsky. Chopin and Rachmaninoff are my preference.I reckon that our lives would be a much sadder and quieter place without music in them!
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 06:37 PM

Great to hear from you Beautiful Filly and thank you for replying to my thread.I was only 10 or 11 years old when I heard the news on the radio and, like many other fans, was heartbroken. I may have been only a youngster but had already sung along to 'That'll Be The Day " and "La Bamba".As you rightly say 'We lost three amazing talents on that fateful day"

Hi ya Cherie...I dare say, that I was only 10 or 11 when rock'n'roll was first becoming a big deal... However, in 1959 I was 17 and leaving school and my part-time job at Quality Records...for a new position, at their Toronto Sales Division/Promotional Dept... What an awesome place to work...

Thank you so much Cherie for a trip down memory lane.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top