Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 01:43 AM

Re: A cat poops in your yard...

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Shoot it dead like any trespasser
But you don't know until after te event.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If a fox or squirrel or pigeon poos in your garden who do you give that to?
What Annie says here is so true. You really can't blame a cat unless you SEE it......could be fox, coyote, or some other 4 pawed little cutie.........
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 05:41 AM

If a cat comes into my garden regularly I set a possum trap and take the cat to the RSPCA. They then check the chip, contact the owners and tell them how much it will cost to come and get it.

Doesn't happen very often though, in fact the last one was years ago. There is a tom from down the road that comes in occasionally but he is not a pest and rarely stays.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 05:58 AM

How do they know it is a cat? Cats tend to bury their poop whilst other animals do not. Use a citrus spay as this tends to deter most animals but it is hardly the end of the world.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 06:59 AM

Our neighborhood outdoor cats (two, spayed, vaccinated, tagged) probably leave a mess here and there, but I will happily trade that for the alternative living on a river...

rats.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 08:45 AM

The biggest problem I have with cats is their tendency to dig up and poo in any newly planted flower pots.

I have solved this issue by putting chicken wire over the pots.

There is one female cat that takes great pleasure in crapping in my drive on a strip of shingle which she thinks is cat litter It only happens during the day as at night the motion activated light scares her off.

Still annoying when I step in it getting into the car though.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
The biggest problem I have with cats is their tendency to dig up and poo in any newly planted flower pots.

I have solved this issue by putting chicken wire over the pots.

There is one female cat that takes great pleasure in crapping in my drive on a strip of shingle which she thinks is cat litter It only happens during the day as at night the motion activated light scares her off.

Use a citrus spray, lemon juice etc and the cat will soon get the message.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
What Annie says here is so true. You really can't blame a cat unless you SEE it......could be fox, coyote, or some other 4 pawed little cutie.........
I wouldn't blame a cat owner. Cats are cats. Fox poo is very distinctive in its appearance and disgusting smell. My dog once rolled in it in the park, something dogs love to do. Took a while for the car to smell normal again.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->

You could put down a litter tray somewhere in the vicinity and perhaps she would use that instead.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 09:37 AM

All animals poop and, although many of you have forgotten, 25 years ago dog owners took their pets out on leads and left their poop where they did it.

We should all stop being upset about poop & remember that it adds nutrients to the soil & helps fertilize the plants...... so if the cat hasn't covered it with soil just dig it in yourself.

If you are that worried about cat poop, do what dog owners now do and pick it up with a poop bag.... at £1 for 200 it doesn't cost much!

Did you know that if you planted tomatoes near a human sewage site you will get great tomatoes as they thrive on human sewage?

I thank god for animal poop, because that was what made veg taste so much better, before they started using chemical fertilizers!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top