Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:06 AM

Re: A cat poops in your yard...

I love cats and where I live we have 12 cats between 3 properties . several of them are often found sleeping under my shrubs my doorstep and even on my car bonnet lol ...I dont mind as I sometimes will pet them and stroke them.

They do also poop in my front driveway and on my borders ,I was always under the impression that cats covered their poop up? But these dont seem to. It all gets dug into the soil so eventually makes my shrubs grow nicer.
Now in my back garden they take their chances im afraid as thats Doggy territory,and he patrols at random lol ....hes had some memorable skirmishes too lol..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 11:10 AM

There are 30 cats here in 44 flats the cat poop isn't a problem, finding a square of garden not covered in it is. Basically rubber gloves on and dig it in is all we can do. No point moaning or complaining no one cares.

If my dogs pee on the grass I feel eyes on me waiting to see what I'll do. One rule for them and another for the dog owners.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 11:22 AM

My neighbour opposite throws the cats poo onto the road and I park my car outside her house , when I go to the boot I walk in it it's impossible not to as parking is tight in the cul-de-sac. My friends and grandchildren have all walked in it . after asking her not to I have also written a polite letter which have all been ignored I have reported her to environmental health . They informed her it is breaking the health and safety laws as cat poo can carry toxins dangerous to us.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
What Annie says here is so true. You really can't blame a cat unless you SEE it......could be fox, coyote, or some other 4 pawed little cutie.........
You know whether it's cat poo by that distinctive "aroma".
But not which cat unless actually see it in action.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 03:27 PM

I let my friend who asked me the question to read this thread, she laughed and laughed. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't join here now...she forgot all about the cat poop and was just wanting to read the whole forum....

Anyway, she decided to just pick it up and put it in the garbage, just as she would if someone threw a chocolate bar wrapper on her lawn, or something else that didn't belong there.

We don't have that many cats roaming the neighbourhood, most of our cats are kept indoors.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 03:31 PM

All I can say is that our two cats always bury their poo, and it doesn't smell.

Of course, that always depends on how well brought up they are!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
A friend of mine called me and asked what I would do.....
What would you do?

1. speak to the owner

2. capture the cat and call the humane society

3. pick up the poop and say nothing

4. put up bigger fences around your property

5. march right over there and poop in his yard

number 3.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top