Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 12:17 PM

South to be flooded with refugee camps.

On the news this morning, our pm states that if we leave the EU the South will be flooded with immigration camps. This is on the basis that the French will no longer have legal responsibility to retain them there and will just give them passage through to England.

Is our pm turning the screw for the Pro EU supporters?
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 12:19 PM

Re: South to be flooded with refugee camps.

I hate to agree with the slimy toad but can you see the French policing the border for us?
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 12:23 PM

I second your comments Moreover.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 12:41 PM

Yes, it's all very worrying - no idea how I'd vote now..
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 01:12 PM

Hi

I have been posting about this for some time on other threads.

Before the arrangement came into force in 2003 we had 50,000 migrants a year more arrive in the UK every year.

If we leave, the agreement goes, our Border Controls will be in Dover, not Calais and we will not be able to send them back to France because when we leave, the Dublin Agreement ends.

The 50,000 a year more Migrants is a minimum, in 2003 that idiot Merkel had not invited millions into the EU.

Germany, Sweden and Finland are now starting clamping down, so where do you think they will come?

Here of course, with our stupid systems.

I am not against getting out of the EU, far from it, but Cameron is an idiot.

It is my view that he needs to delay the Referendum until Germany and Co have sorted out their mess with the Migrants, got rid of them whilst we still have Border Controls in France and save us the bother of dealing with a massive influx.

He should use that time to make sure that we have got the security in place in Dover and at our end of the Chunnel, the secure camps to put them in and the Enforcement Staff to deal with them.

It is one thing to detain them when they arrive in the UK, it is vastly more of a problem when they disappear into the UK and then have to be found.

Out of Europe by all means , but not until we can properly control our Borders.

Even if we started now, it would take two years just to get the infrastructure in place to secure the Channel Ports and the Chunnel Exit.

The entire thing just reeks of total incompetence by our Politicians.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 01:19 PM

If we vote to leave it's going to take a while for us to actually leave, the government will draw it out as long as possible.
Perhaps the EU will suddenly realise that we're serious and suggest a better deal. They may think Cameron is bluffing to get a better deal and don't think the public want to leave.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 01:20 PM

This I believe is the start of the scaremongering. It was the same during the Scottish Independence Referendum, all the codswollop you could imagine was being put about by politicians to try and win you over to their way.
Best to make up your own mind how you want to vote and ignore the rest....
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 01:23 PM

We wont get this chance to vote again for a very long time , so im voting out..
put our army on border control .
and allow only those that have a job to go to in ..
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 01:42 PM

Hi

The EU Treaty is specific, vote out and you go within two years.

The Referendum is a simple choice, we are voting on the offer that is on the table.

Yes or No, there is no third option of trying to get a better deal.

We take what is offered, if they want us to stay in, they will give us a good deal, if they don't they will give us a bad deal.

I cannot see Cameron getting anything like enough from them to set my mind at rest.

I will be voting out, even though we will have all sorts of problems and it will cost us a fortune.

To my mind it is a price worth paying.

We are a Democracy, every 5 years we can vote to change one bunch of ineffective idiots for another bunch of ineffective idiots.

I object strongly to being ruled by a group of unelected self serving bureaucrats , the EU Commissioners, who I have no control over.

Getting rid of them, even at a very heavy price, is worth it to my mind.

Even whilst we are negotiating, one of the Commissioners is insisting we put VAT on food.

The arrogance of these people is mind blowing, it is not for me.
Questor
Kent, UK
Questor is female  Questor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 01:50 PM

When we leave this country we have to go through passport control. Won't that be the same in France? Will migrants be able to produce a passport if they've destroyed it to hide where they've come from (for example)? Surely they wouldn't be allowed on the train or ferry in those circumstances, would they?

Solution - temporarily suspend train and ferry links. I expect the airports are still secure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top