Join for free
Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:21 AM

Re: No talent "art""

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
So you lied when you said one was done by a human? Maybe you are still lying, and both were done by humans. Quite frankly, bakerman, I have completely lost confidence in anything you say.

It is only a joke, done to get people to see that there is no difference between some chimp paintings and those done by humans.

PS you can easily check out the chimp paintings by searching for paintings by chimpanzees. The two I selected are there for all to see.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:21 AM

Sounds like you don't like people very much, BM? I think the key would be to get an expert on your side, not have them committed.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Sounds like you don't like people very much, BM? I think the key would be to get an expert on your side, not have them committed.

No, I'd not be interested in having them committed (to an insane hospital). But, I'd surely love to make fools of them.

My feelings about them started when an ex-girlfriend of mine was trying to be admitted to the Yale University masters degree program. She was, IMO, a great artist. When we toured the work of masters students at Yale, I was struck dumb by a lesbian artist who was working on a huge painting (20 feet X 8 feet) of herself in various sexual positions with another female. My ex GF was turned down for the masters degree program but that lesbian was near graduation.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:42 AM

Have you seen this? This will make you laugh

https://abc7ny.com/ikea-art-painting-frame/564029/
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
It is only a joke, done to get people to see that there is no difference between some chimp paintings and those done by humans.
I don't see any value in "art" created by chimpanzees, and I don't see any value in art created by humans that looks as if it could have been created by chimpanzees. If, however, someone can perceive the difference, and does see value in one or the other, it isn't something one can argue against.

PS you can easily check out the chimp paintings by searching for paintings by chimpanzees. The two I selected are there for all to see.
The art world is notorious for fakes. How can we be sure that these, so called, chimpanzee paintings are not forgeries, painted by proper artists?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

12-06-2021, 12:50 PM

The art world is notorious for fakes. How can we be sure that these, so called, chimpanzee paintings are not forgeries, painted by proper artists?
Oooh now that would be a conundrum! Paint a picture, and it gets slated, say its by a chimpanzee (or an elephant -they are good artists too) and it would sell for millions! I read a story years ago where someone tried that by saying (their own) paintings were done by their 3 year old child, and it generated a lot of interest until the child was asked to paint......
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 02:11 PM

I think the chimpanzees were expressing their inner feelings.

If someone is profiting from their paintings, it would be a prime(ate) example of monkey business.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

12-06-2021, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I think the chimpanzees were expressing their inner feelings.

If someone is profiting from their paintings, it would be a prime(ate) example of monkey business.
Hahaha! Funny!
bakerman
Mexico

12-06-2021, 03:21 PM

I don't see any value in "art" created by chimpanzees, and I don't see any value in art created by humans that looks as if it could have been created by chimpanzees. If, however, someone can perceive the difference, and does see value in one or the other, it isn't something one can argue against.

You have made my point. Thank you, Harbal.
If you, or anyone else, can not tell the difference, then the entire world of abstract "art' is baloney.
In fact, even the concept of abstract "art" is baloney.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

12-06-2021, 03:26 PM

In fact, even the concept of abstract "art" is baloney.
Actually no it isn't. And by stating this, shows that you don't really understand art beyond it being a pretty picture of something that you are familiar with.

Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top