Join for free
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 09:25 AM

They're almost here!

Possibly not a gardening subject but i'm sure you wont mind. Bluebells! The whole of Abbey Woods is now covered in a blanket of Bluebell leaves. The sea of dried and composting leaves has finally given way to a vast area of green. Just another few days and a little more warming sun and it will be even more of a pleasure than it already is walking my wee dog. The overwhelming scent of Bluebells is going to be intoxicating one again.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 09:43 AM

Re: They're almost here!

Hi EZ, we always make a point of going to Nene park near Peterborough in late April/ early May as there's a bluebell wood absolutely chocka with all sorts of flowers in Spring. Isn't nature wonderful !
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 12:57 PM

They are coming up nicely on one of my dog walking areas too.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 01:00 PM

We have got a few bluebells out down the lane they are very early...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 01:09 PM

Ah, I bet that's a lovely sight to see, EZ.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 02:36 PM

It sure is a lovely sight but.. it really isn't twelve months since the last showing is it? Where do the years go. The Daffs in my garden have come and gone already and most of the Tulips are on the verge of opening. Anybody have any tips on how to slow down the passing of the seasons?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top