Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 05:53 PM

Re: Cat brought home live mouse

Abysinnians are another very smart breed;I had a marvellous boy; I've had three pedigreed and four moggies over the years. All wonderful in their own way. This was Sultan:

Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 02:01 AM

Tippy has cornered a couple of mice recently but she makes no attempt to eat them. I grabbed one of her captives by the tail and carried it to the shed where I keep the bird feed and suggested it reside there. I had a pet white mouse as a child and don't mind them at all but they really don't belong loose indoors.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 03:01 AM

Oh, none of mine ever have eaten them! I agree, mice do NOT belong in the house.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 09:27 PM

I must say I have enjoyed reading some of these stories, on our route to town we go through a small village, in one house there is a big German Shepherd nearly always asleep on the door step, last week he had a cat sitting on his back, I'm pretty sure he was asleep as usual

There are a lot of cats around here, some of them half wild, we would take them in (Well a few) except that our Bara hates them if we had had her from a puppy we could have trained her to like them but it was too late when she came to us, our other dog Rianna tends to follow Bara's lead 'tho I think she would be OK with cats on her own.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by poppycock ->
your cat is so beautiful and Gilbert suits him so well
Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Stunning cat; I had a lovely sealpoint Siamese boy years ago. They are really intelligent cats.
Thank you that was many years ago ,they were very sweet (and very vocal )

Eileen I love the sealpoint.

After my last cat Sebastian who was half siamese got killed I vowed I would never have another cat .
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 07:17 PM

Missy brought a mouse in last night just before my bedtime. Madam dropped the live mouse next to my riser recliner chair and Mr/Ms Mousey promptly ran under & up inside it.

I tried both raising and reclining the chair but my (very) little visitor wasn't to be seen. Missy seemed intent in getting at it through the upholstery so I put her out of the room, set the humane trap with a scrap of bread, then went to bed.

This morning, there was Mr/Ms Mousey in the trap. I let him/her out on to the lawn. Missy had her breakfast..
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

25-08-2011, 07:24 PM

LOL! That was wise, Missy would probably have dug a hole right thru the upholstery to get it!
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
LOL! That was wise, Missy would probably have dug a hole right thru the upholstery to get it!
Too true Dandysmom, When she was younger she'd dig up the carpet in any doorway I inadvertently closed between us.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

25-08-2011, 10:40 PM

I think you did post it before but I've forgotten: how old is Missy now?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 07:48 AM

Not allowed pets anymore due to my Asthma, but some years ago had a black cat (Sooty) who managed to catch a baby rabbit. Sat on the lawn, with the rabbit inches from his nose in between is front paws and dared the rabbit to move a muscle. Had to grab cat by scruff and drag him away so allowing rabbit to escape. Cat scrabbled, hissed and spat at me until one of its claws found a soft spot in my hand and I let go. Sooty dashed off in pursuit. Never did find out whether he caught rabbit or not, but later that evening he returned home licking his chops.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top