Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 08:32 PM

Re: Looking for New Dog

I noticed over on Dogsey Barry that you were interested in a little apricot poodle in Lincolnshire. Is she/he a rescue? Did things turn out as hoped?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I noticed over on Dogsey Barry that you were interested in a little apricot poodle in Lincolnshire. Is she/he a rescue? Did things turn out as hoped?
Hi Rena, yes, the poodle was a rescue but she had already been reserved, but we are now on their list if a compatable dog presents itself. How is Bonnie doing by the way, thriving I hope....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 08:11 PM

Hello Barry,
I hope the right dog comes along soon. Thanks for asking - Bonnie is doing really well. She is now 17 weeks and is at the gawky all legs and tail stage. I think she is going to be a good size. Nipping and mouthing has all but disappeared now, but she has moved onto the more independent exploring stage - she no longer sticks by my side. I spend a lot of time running away and hiding behind trees so she thinks I have gone missing. This usually gets her running back pretty quickly, so I don't think she is going to be the sort who will lose me easily. She has become quite a favourite with other dog owners in our area and knows how to "work an audience." Its always the owners she goes to first before their dogs and she is a very friendly pup - which is good.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2011, 04:21 PM

It sounds as if she gives you great joy Rena, and perhaps helps to fill that huge vacuum left when a beloved pet dies, the same as Oscar has helped to fill that vacuum for us..

Speaking of which we have decided to succumb the the allure of another puppy of the cockerpoo persuasion as a companion for Oscar. We viewed him yesterday and we will pick him up the first week in October. His name is going to be Alfie (I wanted to call him Fang...) and he is a half brother to Oscar, sharing the same father.

Here is his first portrait for the family album....

dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2011, 04:56 PM

Awwwww! Off the cuteness scale! Welcome to Plantman Towers, little Alfie.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2011, 06:23 PM

Barry congratulations on your new addition, Alfie looks more cocker than poo..
If I could give you one piece of advice it would be get a copy of this little booklet written by two APDT members..

http://dog-games-shop.co.uk/dog-trai...vival-kit.html
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2011, 06:53 PM

Hello little Alfie, looks as if it's been such a hard day and you're so dog tired. You are one cute little puppy xx
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

22-08-2011, 08:57 PM

Another little Cockerpoo then? A good decision and I am pleased for you and your wife Barry and, of course, Oscar - he will love having Alfie around to romp through Sherwood with. Alfie is beautiful (I should say handsome) - he is very nicely marked and a lovely colour.
Get the bucket and mop at the ready - off you go again
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2011, 09:21 PM

Many congratulations to you and your wife, Barry, Alfie looks such a cutie and I just love his colour Oscar is going to have so much fun with him and maybe teach all the naughty tricks!
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2011, 09:59 AM

What a little treasure. I bet you can't wait to get him home Barry. Alfie is going to make a great addition to your home.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top