Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 04:17 PM

Re: Have a Sick Dog.

That's good news, Roxy!

Wonda, what were the results for your cat?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
There's a dried food out by the name of "Barking Heads" it's all compleatly nautral. I moved my dogs onto that and it's been great. There's a great selection too, I move between, Senior, easy digest, and the weight loss one. But there's plenty more to choose from. As with Humans though, IBS can be triggered by just about anything, we, and they are all different. But also like us, dogs can have much the same meds. My Vet gave me " Buscopan" for when Pash gets the Cramps.......it works pretty quick too. I keep to the easier lighter foods for pash it seems to help and doesn't lie heavy in her tum.
You can Google it for lots of info if your intersted.

Thanks for that Roxy, will pass the information on that particular brand of food to my friend. Seems to be trial and error at the moment finding food that suits Maizey.

So pleased Pashka is feeling much better, and what a lovely pic of her
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Glad to hear she is better Roxy. I've been away so only catching up with posts today. Barking Heads sounds good. I feed Arden Grange which is another good food and there is a light variety there too. The main thing is not to feed rubbish like Bakers and Pedigree.
Will tell her about Arden Grange as well DL-another one for her to check out....
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 06:51 PM

missed this yesterday hope she is back to normal now
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 06:59 PM

I missed it too with being away, best wishes for a speedy recovery...
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
That's good news, Roxy!

Wonda, what were the results for your cat?
Megans blood test results were yesterday, and she has pancreatitis, so we have to now have her food prescribed from the vets. Its probably going to be a life long management for us and her to prevent her health from deteriorating.

http://www.mscc.ca/pancreatitis.html

I do hope Pashka is well on the mend.. such a cute dog too
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 08:06 PM

Oh Wonda, I'm so sorry to hear that diagnosis! I hope she'll do well on the special food ... and eat it, that's always a problem, they can be so picky.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Will tell her about Arden Grange as well DL-another one for her to check out....
Arden Grange is a lot cheaper. I looked at the website for the Barking Heads food and I'm afraid its way too expensive for my 2. This site is excellent for AG and other foods : http://www.swellpets.co.uk
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 04:27 PM

My dog Phoebe has hadPancreatitis ,and was on a drip at the vets for 4 nights ,which has left her with trauma problems. She was ona prescription diet for a while and then I was told she could go onto Chappie original which we did, but she has put on weight, so she is now on Wainrights for over 7 years. It is dairy free.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 08:16 PM

Glad to hear Pashka is feeling better now and I do feel for you as Lexi has had several bouts of upset stomachs which the vets can't seem to find a cause for she has had blood tests for Pancreatitus she is now on Hills I/D gastrointestinal but I mix it with Chappie original as it is so very expensive but it was interesting from anniemuldoons post that weight was put on, as since Lexi has been having Chappie she is getting a little on the tubby side nothing too much but she has always been quite lean looking up till recently she only has about a third of a tin a day but Pashka is a really lovely looking dog hope she keeps well from now on...
Sue

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top