Join for free
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 06:32 PM

Keep your stash away from the dog!

My sister, a veterinarian, was telling us yesterday that it's not uncommon for her to see a dog suffering from what appears to be a dose of recreational drugs.

When she suspects this, she assures the owners that she's not going to call the police but must know what the dog ate in order to treat it. 'Hash muffins' seem to be popular. Good grief!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 06:41 PM

Re: Keep your stash away from the dog!

You hear of these people who think it's a laugh to get their pet drunk or high, it's the sort of mentality as the parents that do the same to their children...they all need putting down really (the adults that is),....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 08:10 PM

Accidental, well, that's careless , deliberately is just obscene!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 10:22 PM

When I worked at the Vets, I saw a few dogs that had been brought in by the RSPCA that were 'high' on drugs. It was heartbreaking to see them....needless to say they were not returned to their owners!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
My sister, a veterinarian, was telling us yesterday that it's not uncommon for her to see a dog suffering from what appears to be a dose of recreational drugs.

When she suspects this, she assures the owners that she's not going to call the police but must know what the dog ate in order to treat it. 'Hash muffins' seem to be popular. Good grief!
gosh that's awful, I would be scared in case the dog had an adverse reaction. I don't suppose it would worry some people though like those who continue to take drugs throughout pregnancy and produce addicted babies .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 08:23 AM

That's so sad....Poor Pets. I think they should be taken away from the Owners in this situation.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
That's so sad....Poor Pets. I think they should be taken away from the Owners in this situation.
I agree with you......they are clearly not responsible enough to look after pets.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 12:28 AM

She's pretty sure the few she has seen were accidental. Anyone deliberately feeding their pet drugs wouldn't be likely to call attention by contacting a vet.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top