Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 05:40 PM

To cheer us up

So much doom and gloom around at the mo, then I read this and it made me smile.
I wanted to share it with you, and hopefully some others will see the funny side to:

" By virtue of your advanced years you have become a fountain of knowledge on positively everything.
It is now your duty to impart this knowledge to the unsuspecting, more ignorant younger generation.
Whenever possible, tell doctors, chefs, electricians and anyone else how to do their jobs.
Repeatedly ask if they know what they are doing and criticize constantly.
By encouraging them in this way they will develop high self-esteem and an increased fondness for their elders."

Luv it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 06:50 PM

Re: To cheer us up

Given that most Chefs have knives bigger than me - I think I'll give that one a miss!

Made me chuckle Mups! Thank you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Given that most Chefs have knives bigger than me - I think I'll give that one a miss!

Made me chuckle Mups! Thank you.

It made me laugh Tabs, because that's just what some grumpy old wotsits really do - then wonder why they get sworn at.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So much doom and gloom around at the mo, then I read this and it made me smile.
I wanted to share it with you, and hopefully some others will see the funny side to:

" By virtue of your advanced years you have become a fountain of knowledge on positively everything.
It is now your duty to impart this knowledge to the unsuspecting, more ignorant younger generation.
Whenever possible, tell doctors, chefs, electricians and anyone else how to do their jobs.
By encouraging them in this way they will develop high self-esteem and an increased fondness for their elders."

Luv it.
Bloody electricians - what do they know with this generation!!! As for chefs, doctors..............
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-11-2020, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Bloody electricians - what do they know with this generation!!! As for chefs, doctors..............

Oi, no moaning on this thread, it's supposed to give us a smile for a change!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 07:41 PM

Oi, no moaning on this thread, it's supposed to give us a smile for a change!
Sorry.....(
It really was a joke about the advancing years. A smile. And electricians are a fine lot...........as long as I'm their boss!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 08:27 PM

I wonder how old I will have to be to feel confident enough to do that! The worst thing ever is when you ask a question of a heating engineer and they start explaining the heating system as if it's something you should be interested in.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 08:28 PM

Oh boy, I know that feeling well.
Folowing workmen around and asking how things work and then mulling over the answer with a vacuous grin on my face.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 08:30 PM

The funniest thing that I've witnessed related to this was an old Australian lady telling a young guy off on a train. She made him stand up and a give a pregnant lady his seat. Whilst he was standing up he spilt his coffee and she told him to "wipe it up then". He was too terrified to argue. I think women must be far more confident in Oz.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 08:30 PM

That's great Mups

When I get older I'll try that!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top