Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 02:23 PM

Re: My dream kitchen

Gorgeous kitchens,,,hope I win the lottery tonight...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 02:32 PM

The cream one was OK but the dark one is not for me.... I like bright non cluttered kitchens.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 03:26 PM

What’s the point of having a nice kitchen if you only cook rubbish food in it?
A friend of mine paid £30,000 for a designer kitchen. He only uses the microwave to heat ready made meals. The two ovens have never been used! The kitchen is just an ornament for show!

Give me my own kitchen that has slightly cluttered worktops, a nice table and chairs, not high uncomfortable bar stools that make the back of your legs ache!
My biggest regret was not having granite worktops which l could have had at the time.

Bakerman, l am sorry but l found the kitchens you showed rather depressing especially the dark brown one that the doors looked like coffin wood!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 03:34 PM

Artangel, there are, of course, numerous light/white kitchens , however I find them too sterile. Almost operating-room sterile.
Additionally, those white kitchens show every tiny speck of splatter/grease etc. Way too much cleaning. I'd be forever cleaning and doing little cooking.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Artangel, there are, of course, numerous light/white kitchens , however I find them too sterile. Almost operating-room sterile.
I would say Bakerman, the kitchens you showed were very strong and masculine and would be perfect for you.

I don’t like white kitchens but l prefer lighter colours everywhere in my house.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I would say Bakerman, the kitchens you showed were very strong and masculine and would be perfect for you.

I don’t like white kitchens but l prefer lighter colours everywhere in my house.
Thank you. I like my space to say, 'a man lives here', but without screaming it. No deer heads on the wall. Ha Ha.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

31-10-2020, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Thank you. I like my space to say, 'a man lives here', but without screaming it. No deer heads on the wall. Ha Ha.
Or animal horns or crossed swords!
bakerman
Mexico

31-10-2020, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Or animal horns or crossed swords!
Exactly correct.

I also like to have all my cooking pots/utensils ready at hand without rummaging around in cupboards/drawers.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	e9004226db32800537234426678abf76.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	14032   Click image for larger version

Name:	pot-and-pan-rack-ideas-32-nice-decorating-with-make-a-pot-rack-within-kitchen-hanging-pot-rack-h.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	14033   Click image for larger version

Name:	make-diy-hanging-pot-rack.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	14034  
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 04:08 PM

I am another one who is not keen on the darker kitchens.
Cream is nice, and not so hard and glaring as white.
As for lighter colours showing everything, isn't that a good thing from the hygiene point of view?

Another thing I would not have is carpet in the kitchen, as in the very first post, especially in the cooking area.
A washable floor is much more hygenic and avoids the danger of tripping over rugs with a hot saucepan in your hand!
bakerman
Mexico

31-10-2020, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Another thing I would not have is carpet in the kitchen, as in the very first post, especially in the cooking area.
A washable floor is much more hygenic and avoids the danger of tripping over rugs with a saucepan in your hand!
Yes, I noticed that. Probably the result of the interior decorator trying to fancy up the photo. I agree. no rugs in the kitchen

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top