Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 10:05 AM

Re: My band

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I used to be in a band as a teenager bread. We also used to play in the pubs and it was the hassle of moving everything around that we got fed up with.... well that and meeting girls of course. We did do a small festival once but nothing as in grand looking as your pics.
I just love playing in front of a crowd that are enjoying themselves. This one in the pictures was around 2000 people but we have done larger stuff - the smaller ones are the ones people can come up to you and complain so there are good and bad points to all of them I guess.

My son is a drummer - he turned 18 last May and we used him for a couple of shows. One was for the Mayor of Bishops Stortford so it was a big stage, with a drum riser etc. Dream come true for me, getting to play on a big stage with my lad on drums.

He is a monster drummer - grade 8 trinity guild at 15 years old and taught by our regular drummer, who is a great friend of mine. He is off to university this year, so he knows full well he can earn money while studying for his degree playing drums as a dep for other bands. He was on the radio in New York being interviewed once as well - he was 16 at the time and his band would have made the big time if they had kept together. They were just on the verge of something big, but then the bass player left to teach in Malaysia and the guitarist decided to travel with his girlfriend and the whole thing fell apart.

Never mind .... I'm rambling on now ha ha
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I just love playing in front of a crowd that are enjoying themselves. This one in the pictures was around 2000 people but we have done larger stuff - the smaller ones are the ones people can come up to you and complain so there are good and bad points to all of them I guess.

My son is a drummer - he turned 18 last May and we used him for a couple of shows. One was for the Mayor of Bishops Stortford so it was a big stage, with a drum riser etc. Dream come true for me, getting to play on a big stage with my lad on drums.

He is a monster drummer - grade 8 trinity guild at 15 years old and taught by our regular drummer, who is a great friend of mine. He is off to university this year, so he knows full well he can earn money while studying for his degree playing drums as a dep for other bands. He was on the radio in New York being interviewed once as well - he was 16 at the time and his band would have made the big time if they had kept together. They were just on the verge of something big, but then the bass player left to teach in Malaysia and the guitarist decided to travel with his girlfriend and the whole thing fell apart.

Never mind .... I'm rambling on now ha ha
That's a shame, unfortunately it's what normally happens. I often look back and wonder what could have been. Like you, I loved playing in front of people and had no fear at all. I think when you have practiced enough, the fear goes. Not sure I could do it now though, it's been too long.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's a shame, unfortunately it's what normally happens. I often look back and wonder what could have been. Like you, I loved playing in front of people and had no fear at all. I think when you have practiced enough, the fear goes. Not sure I could do it now though, it's been too long.
Get stuck in. I know a drummer who gigs twice a week and he is 76 and guitarists in their 70s still gigging.

Youre never too old - its the music that matters, not how old you are.

Get practising and start a band !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Get stuck in. I know a drummer who gigs twice a week and he is 76 and guitarists in their 70s still gigging.

Youre never too old - its the music that matters, not how old you are.

Get practising and start a band !
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 06:07 PM

Hi Bread

As you can see I used to play but back in the 60's and 70's the bands i was in were very successful in their own way I used to play six to seven nights a week and still had a day job

To put that into some prospective at our height I earned £25 a week day job £70 a week playing

We played all over the country including summer season at Butlins but always at work the following morning
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 07:48 PM

Nice one Bread - another guitarist here.....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 08:59 PM

rock on
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

13-02-2019, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Nice one Bread - another guitarist here.....

I guessed by your name... good to see other musicians on here
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 12:46 AM

How lovely Bread.
Just catching up with you.
My son is a professional singer and musician.
Do you have stuff on Youtube?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top