Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 06:19 PM

Greta Thunberg

What is your opinion ? I am undecided , just hope she hasn"t bitten off more than she can chew . She is only 16 after all .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 06:55 PM

Re: Greta Thunberg

It's pretty obvious that the majority of Teens and Twenties KNOW much more about climate change than older people, especially of our age.

And they DO know. They've not been brainwashed either. My granddaughter is passionate about this not because she's been indoctrinated, though some undoubtedly have been, but because she's learned about the matter.

Has Greta Thunberg taken on too much?

Only insofar as she will be facing huge resistance from we dinosaurs and of course the Fossil fuel sector plus other environmental poluters who are industrial dinosaurs though for different reasons.

But let's not ignore what happened to dinosaurs -------
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 07:01 PM

This has been covered by www.order-order.com
Looks like a spoiled little rich kid with a new hobby
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 07:39 PM

She's a persuasive, eloquent young lady with natural schoolgirlishness.

She'll go a long way.

And I wish her well.

zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 08:14 PM

Perhaps I was a bit harsh on her, after all, it's no mean feat for a 16 year old girl to row her little boat all the way from Sweden to England
I mean, she wouldn't want to contribute to global warming by flying there, would she?

Oh no, she'll have to wait till she's all grown up like Emma Thompson before she can do that sort of thing
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 08:24 PM

Sorry but she gets on my nerves. Just being honest.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Sorry but she gets on my nerves. Just being honest.
Ditto. Another holier than thou.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Perhaps I was a bit harsh on her, after all, it's no mean feat for a 16 year old girl to row her little boat all the way from Sweden to England
I mean, she wouldn't want to contribute to global warming by flying there, would she?

Oh no, she'll have to wait till she's all grown up like Emma Thompson before she can do that sort of thing
She didn't fly. She went by train.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 09:29 PM

So a half empty plane that still flies is worse than a train running the same journey? Such gestures are half baked nonsense demonstrating the worse sort of hypocrisy.

You don't need martyrs to understand that this is an issue for everyone but it reminds me of holier than thou vegans assuming that they do no harm to animals apart from destroying their habitat to plant more soy....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So a half empty plane that still flies is worse than a train running the same journey? Such gestures are half baked nonsense demonstrating the worse sort of hypocrisy.

You don't need martyrs to understand that this is an issue for everyone but it reminds me of holier than thou vegans assuming that they do no harm to animals apart from destroying their habitat to plant more soy....
Most aircraft with empty seats have cargo added to make most efficient use of flying hours and fuel.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top