Join for free
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 02:43 PM

Pavarotti

Anyone seen this film?
Looking at the trailer it looks rather good, he was quite a complex character...might go tomorrow afternoon...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 02:54 PM

Re: Pavarotti

Is it on at cinema I haven't seen it advertised,i.d love to see it
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 05:07 PM

The Picture House chain of independent cinemas is showing it, don't know about other cinema chains...

[https://youtu.be/[/url]
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Anyone seen this film?
Looking at the trailer it looks rather good, he was quite a complex character...might go tomorrow afternoon...
Ruthio, if you go please let us know know what you thought. I have no knowledge of his private life, but his voice can bring tears to me eyes!

That probably means that if he sings a lot, in the film, I will only see the screen through blurred eyes!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 09:17 AM

Is this a montage of Pavarotti's performances or a biopic with someone playing the part and voice dubbed over.?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

22-07-2019, 12:39 PM

Well...I thought it was fabulous, I absolutely loved it!

It's a documentary with masses of clips of interviews, live appearances, family and friends, wife and daughters talking, photos...you really feel you get to know him, and what a huge man he was in every sense of the word!
And his smile really lit up the world!
He adored women, was charming, loving, extraordinarily generous and warm hearted.
You even find out why the big white hanky!

I can't recommend this film highly enough, and I cried buckets!

I even understand now all the football stuff which i remember irritated me at the time.
I thought the Three Tenors concerts cheapened opera, but I don't see it like that anymore.
He had a mission to bring opera to the people, he certainly acheived that.

Go see it!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 12:57 PM

Sounds great, Ruthio. I definitely want to see it now. Thank you for the great review.

Did you ever see him the lovely film "Yes, Georgio"?

It was a little gem. Can you imagine the great Pavarotti having a food fight in the kitchen?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 01:38 PM

Still my favourite tenor out of all them. I understand that some of the proceeds are going towards free opera training for youngsters.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top