Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 08:36 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Apparently we are sending lots of Rovers into space, its about time the universe sees the best of British Leyland.
Yes, I’ve been a wild rover myself for many’s the year, spent all me money on whiskey and beer.
Trying to escape from the mad human race, so I spend a lot of time in outer space.

They are wasting they’re time, nothing out there but gas, rocks, storms and radiation, we are better off on this little planet, everything we need is all here, seek and ye shall find, de holy bible say.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Bit of a take on Pandoras Box being opened in todays news.

Odd story really which makes you think. A thrifty pensioner (some might say tight or canny depending on your point of view) is going to lose her nest egg which is over the £16,000 allowed which she has squirrelled away over the years.

Due to her being in arrears to the council to the tune of £28,000 the council have confiscated her secret pot of gold and court proceeding will take place.

Hmmmmmm... lets think about this. Kids are up in arms. Think the whole thing is callous because they say their Mum has learning difficulties but they must have been aware of the situation as she he has carers in twice a day.. and claims all the benefits.

Somethings wrong with this kind of thinking....because one things for sure you can't have your cake and eat it, nor should you, not in todays world. Mind you if you can get away with it...just saying like. .

Many years ago I was advised by a 'man who knows' 'that after a certain age to spend, spend, spend as it would not pay to have too much from then on. I met him halfway on that advice but his words came back when reading this. .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-pension.html
There are no pockets in a shroud as they used to say.
I'm on two minds about this really.
The law is the law and the law must be applied to all equally, there are folks barely above the amount allowed and they have to pay the full whack, this lady was probably brought up in the saving habit that was instilled into all of us after the war years, actively encouraged and supported by the government back then, hard to break the habit of a lifetime.
I’d like to know how they found out about it, did she tell someone, had she got it in the bank and the council had a peek at her account? she should have kept her gob shut if just for safety alone.
No point in putting money into the bank anymore you get bugger all interest and they charge you for taking it out, if one wants to get away with piling up cash the best thing to do is find or make a safe hiding place for it, keep your mouth firmly closed, and watch out for changes in the banknotes, also when you've passed on without revealing the secret place, think of all the fun the family will have on a real treasure hunt looking for Granny’s gold.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 11:33 AM

Is that Dog Ok???
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 11:37 AM

Frank needed Crummitting For writing a silly song like that.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 11:41 AM

Is that Dog Ok???
Sssshhh thats Nipper the HMV dog..and you would look sad if you had been painted perched on the artists (Francis Barraud) dead brothers coffin

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

17-07-2019, 11:42 AM

Where is the Horn?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 11:43 AM

Lovely to hear that Armchair song again..'tittered' still brings a smile..

My Father also used to say that "There are no pockets in a shroud"

Those old Egyptian Pharoahs took no notice of that one though..took everything with them including the kitchen sink to make sure that had all they needed wherever they ended up. Mind you looking like they did after those embalming lot had finished with them you wouldn't want to go out much would you. Fair scare the life out of anyone they might meet....dead or alive.

A thought... Am I the only one that didn't want anyone landing on the moon.

I never believed the moon was made of cheese but I did believe the moon was magical (still do) and I really did not want anyone..not even in the name of discovery ruining that. I watched that landing far from home and felt as though someone had taken something quite precious from my childhood. Grey Dust is not very magical is it!
solo
UK

17-07-2019, 11:44 AM

Where is the Horn?
Under the Armchair seat
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

17-07-2019, 03:02 PM

From these humble beginnings began the whole new industry of recorded music. Two clever men put together an old rolling pin and a wooden traffic cone, mount it on a table and we have recorded sound.
How simple things were then, one man stands at one end of the table and another man stands at the other end, The man on the left states his message into “A”, records it then plays it back to “B”, jolly looking chaps ain’t they?
By the looks of the chap manning the “B” end I think the message must have been “Sorry to inform you that your Mother passed away at 5,30 this morning”

Clair De La Lune
In March 2008 a recording by Frenchman Edouard-Leon Scott de Martinville of a woman singing 'Au... Clair De La Lune' was discovered in an archive in Paris by a group of American audio historians. The recording dates back to April 9, 1860 making it the world's first known recorded song
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

17-07-2019, 10:26 PM

One of the most beautiful pieces of music ever.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top