Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 06:46 PM

Re: What makes you happy?

Individualist, there was no Grumpy old Bastard result
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
An achiever!

Here’s a few off the top of my head:

Seeing my wife, family and grandkids happy
Having a good set of friends
Being fit and healthy
Finishing work at 6am
Beer
A good film
A good workout
Music
Driving my car
A nice steak
Holidays
Irritating Tarantula lol!
Naughty boy on the last bit
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Apparently I am an individualist

Your happiness derives from being slightly distanced from the world around you. You like to feel detached from your immediate surroundings, although you are not indifferent to them. In fact, your moments of happiness may come from the environment - watching a sunset or sunrise while the rest of the world is still sleeping, listening to a favourite piece of music; or simply becoming aware that you feel serene and happy in yourself. Your happiness depends on a mixture of feeling receptive to what's around you, while also feeling relaxed and distanced from life's daily grind. You like to observe the world around you without feeling totally immersed in it. Be careful that your love of calm and serenity doesn't turn into a passive or fatalistic approach to life, or that you become too distanced from life's battles. On the plus side, your type of happiness will help you to develop reserves of inner peace and tolerance, that can serve as an excellent foundation from which to take on the world.

Actually I think its quite true to type of me.
The best things in life are free.

Originally Posted by May ->
I'm an Artisan!...eh?..Ya coulda fooled Me with that description
I always think of furniture, when I see the word Artisan

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Individualist, there was no Grumpy old Bastard result
Rehab!!!!!!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Sharing can mean many things Val, you share your worries, then support others. So maybe look at it in a different light.
Thanks Sweetie, so I’m not so bad after all!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

12-05-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Thanks Sweetie, so I’m not so bad after all!
Absolutely not Val. lol
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hah. Seems I am "An Individualist."

Last bit of the verdict says -

Your type of happiness will help you to develop reserves of inner peace and tolerance, that can serve as an excellent foundation from which to take on the world.

Snap - same here Mups !
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

12-05-2018, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Snap - same here Mups !
I think individually, you are all lovely on here. x
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
That's two of us, Barry!
Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I am an achiever.
and me
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 09:17 AM

You're an artisan

You feel happiest when you are completely engaged and absorbed in an activity that you enjoy, particularly when you have a certain talent and mastery over what you are doing. Psychologists describe this state as 'flow'. Reading, playing music or sport, doing DIY, cooking; all are activities that provide a sense of flow and happiness. You take pleasure both in what you are doing, and in the internal feeling of being absorbed in something that demands your skill and attention. The only risk is that concentrating only on activities that require practise or dedication can mean that you don't develop other interests, preferring to focus solely on the activity that you enjoy.

As Mine was different to everyones I did it again with the same results....guess They've got it right
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

13-05-2018, 01:44 PM

You are a sharer
Your happiness comes from taking part in activities with others. You enjoy getting ready with friends before you go out, or participating in group activities like doing up a friend's house or helping them move. You love activity, and you love being with others. You like to feel that you belong to something, and you feel this most when you are taking part in a shared task or activity. Focusing on this alone can be limiting. You may find that your happiness is too dependent on stimulation from others, or that you need to have others around you in order to feel at your best. But there are also advantages to your way of life. You express yourself well, you know how you come across to others, and you are an excellent communicator. Happiness is a gift, and as far as you’re concerned, sharing it can only increase it.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top