Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 01:48 PM

Re: Does This Ring Any Bells With Anyone?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Art I don't have any children but, when my youngest sister gets a lift home from her boyfriend & the roads are icy, I always ask her to phone me and let me know she has arrived safely... it puts your mind at rest! Just think if they had an accident on a quiet country lane in freezing temps,they could be knocked unconscious and die of hypothermia, if nobody had seen the accident! I would rather be accused of caring too much, than feel guilty that I hadn't cared enough!
Thank You! I am pleased you can understand!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Meg, Hearing about your sister, makes me feel better!!
Art my sister also has 5 grandchildren and the 3 older ones also have to let her know what they are doing. When you are with her she is permanently on her phone receiving details of everyone's whereabout .
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 04:05 PM

All of our family likes to know what the others are doing. Everyone but me has a Facebook account and that's just about the same situation as in the cartoon. Describe every move.

We dropped our son off at Heathrow Airport yesterday evening. The arrangement is that we text him to say we got back OK and he texts us to say when he is safely home. Just like to know these things.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 04:45 PM

I understand completely Art.
Yes I worry about my children they are grown up but they are still my babies.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 05:44 PM

If my son or daughter are travelling any longish distances, I always ask them to message or phone me when they arrive or when they get home. Likewise they both do the same for us if we are going anywhere as in holidays or day trips.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
ruthio, l can assure you, l have always been a very laid back parent and let my children go. Four of my children have backpacked and travelled to many places in the world.

I wonder though, ruthio, has your daughter ever been attacked, like one of my daughters was once?
I’m afraid, when that happens in your family, you can’t help but be concerned until you know they have reached their destination safely.
We'll that puts a totally different slant on your original post Art!!

But yes I do know what real frantic gut twisting fearful worry is...my daughter was officially missing location unknown for 10 days in New Orleans while hurricane Katrina was raging.

They'd had seats booked out of town on the greyhound coach, but the drivers had all fled overnight and there was no way out.

They'd been instructed to get over to to the Superdome but we never heard whether they'd arrived. There was no communication.

The stories coming out of that place were truly terrifying...it transpired the American marines had protected the young travellers and helped to keep them safe.

They had moved them under cover of darkness to a safe room in the building and given them army rations...it still makes my blood run cold when I recall what happened to many unfortunates at that time.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 06:09 PM

Hi

There are times when it is best not to know.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/...150-foot-fall/
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There are times when it is best not to know.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/...150-foot-fall/
The child's aunt should be prosecuted for putting his life in danger

I agree it is sometimes best not to know what one's family are doing.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 06:40 PM

My daughter always sends a text when she goes over to France, it just says "I've arrived" same when she gets back home. It just takes the edge off, I don't ask her to do it she just does, however....I have to do it for her too lol. I'm always driving up n down the A9 between my home and my partners and she always says to me "text when you arrive" so I do..
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 06:46 PM

My middle daughter and family are going to the US for a couple of weeks in October, last time they went we both had Facebook accounts so we could keep in touch. However, we have both got rid of them since then, so I wont hear anything from them until they are back in the UK.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top