Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 05:02 PM

Pivot Points?

Do still have major decisions to make in your life?

Do some of them have the potential for highly positive outcomes or are they just the difficult ones in which the outcomes will be the lesser of evils?

Are you looking forward and thinking about them or are you just riding the wave?

Do you feel like you are more capable/sure of making major decisions than when you were younger?

Both my parents and I are talking a lot about such things as we are about to drive into hilly territory.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 07:25 PM

Re: Pivot Points?

I don't know if I have any more to negotiate but I can certainly pin point the ones of the past. I was probably better at it when I was younger because I cared less than now.

There is the theory of course that these pivotal points are where we jump to alternate universes.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 07:32 PM

Hill Billy Country Surferbabe?

I go round in circles when on a pivot.

Sorry, yes I still have to make major decisions, and I think that I am better now, then when I was younger.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 07:37 PM

I took a decision in November last , the outcome was not good , January saw me taking almost the same decision to help another who was in a difficult situation ,Not a family member , and it so far its working out not as bad , I look to the future and hope it has a happy ending.

You ask ,"Do you feel like you are more capable/sure of making major decisions than when you were younger?"
When i was younger i would not give it much thought , I gave this decision a lot of thought so much so i made myself ill with stress .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 07:41 PM

I hate making decisions but when l have to, l go with my gut feeling.
Decision making is better when you have someone to discuss it with... then you can blame them if it’s the wrong decision!

A decision l have at the moment is too painful and l keep convincing myself, it’s not the time yet and l would feel like l was a murderer.

My little poodle is not great but he eats really well. I just wish he would just go to sleep and the decision will be out of my hands...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 08:11 PM

Oh, Artangel, that is an excruciating decision to make. Eventually, I have had to make the decision when to euthanize each of my dogs - eight now in the last few decades.

The right time always presents itself - it's the moment I realize the little thing is in a great deal of pain and I am selfishly keeping him/her alive for my own selfishness.

You'll know.

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

16-05-2018, 08:19 PM

Decisions are harder now because they affect more people...and good grief, time is running out! Not many opportunities to back up and start afresh if the choice is a wrong one.

At the same time, decisions are easier because I tend to see that things work out regardless, and all these decades of life experience make it easier to predict outcomes. Somehow, I have more confidence about my choices...and accept the outcomes...more easily than I did when I was younger.

With the exception of my parents who are making difficult decisions like whether to remodel or downsize - knowing this move is likely their last one, I look forward to the pivots because they typically mean new opportunities, adventure, learning...and crawling out of the rut.

I'm swinging right round with you, Sweetie Pie, and will hopefully bypass all that hillbilly business .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 08:30 PM

Hi

There are times in your life decisions have to be made.

I have provided for both my kids, job done.

I like my house and the room it gives me to display my antiques.

My kids have no interest in them at all.

My house is far too big for me, and whilst I like village life, not driving is a nightmare.

I can get a much smaller house, still with enough room for my lodgers.

This will enable me to give the rest of money to my kids whilst they are still young enough to enjoy it.

There will be no tax to pay, my estranged daughter is a Tax Accountant.

I can then go travelling as soon as my health improves and the lodgers can look after my aquarium.

They can also look after the dog I intend to get.

I can be away six months of the year, back home whilst they are away.

I am not a proud man,I have no need of a big house or a flash car.

I am content and happy with my decision.

The past has gone, the future is everything.

I will keep four of my paintings,and six pieces of my collection of porcelain.

The rest can go, only sentimental value will be kept.

My house will be put in Trust for Guy, a secure place for him to live with his Epilepsy if it cannot be controlled.

My estranged daughter will get it on his demise, not before.

Mum can look after her, she is loaded.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 10:23 PM

Having both parents In tow, can make progression easier or harder, dependent on the situation.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 10:55 PM

Often times you are in a situation and it feels as though you have a safe option by not doing anything. It's only when you make a decision to change and leave the "safe option" that you realise that there is a life out there which is free and full of opportunities and the safe option was choking the life out of you.

Unfortunately I am in such a situation where I would love to leave the so thought "safe option" and with no idea of any plan and at this "middle" age am too afraid to move.

So you end up with nothing really because "safe" is just a prison but what can you do if your life and past choices have made you institutionalised to your situation even if it's making you thoroughly miserable?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top