Join for free
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 10:57 AM

Saving medications

Do you do this?

I've got over 100 Diazepam 5mg and the same number of Oxycodone 10mg tablets. This arose out of both the hospital and my G.P not being co-ordinated and over-prescribing. Each time I've been in hospital (4 days last time) they've sent me home with 2 weeks worth of tablets. And I've been in hospital 4 times already this year. I've also got a big bottle of morphine sulphate liquid.

There is also a whole load of other drugs which are non psychoactive - things like atenolol and lanzoprazole.

I'm saving the Diazepam and Oxycodone because I may need them sometime and may not easily be able to get a prescription. I'm still prescribed them - no more than 6 diazepam tablets a day (I generally take 4) and no more than 2 of the Oxycodone (I'll only usually take 1 at night). I know they are both addictive but I've little chance of getting addicted if I take them only as prescribed and perhaps a few extra if I'm having a bad day with my nerves or am in a lot of pain.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:48 AM

Re: Saving medications

Keep an eye on the Expiry date on the box if you are stock piling meds Ffosse.
Some do not have a long shelf life.
Personally, I prefer to return unwanted meds back to the pharmacy for disposal.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:55 AM

One should always be aware of the expiry date, because medication is likely to be less effective if used after that.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:58 AM

I dispose any leftover meds at the chemist.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:59 AM

Neither has an expiration date on them unlike my bottle of Peptac.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top