Join for free
Page 6 of 22 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 10:49 AM

Re: Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
and I certainly will never vote again if we don't come out of the EU
I've never marched about anything in my life but if we don't leave I will be out with lots of others ...... even if I was a remainer I would march because there is much more at stake than just BREXIT
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
No point in him staying, he knew the score.

The Government would not have let him anywhere near the negotiations, they want to keep a two party system.
Correct

The Establishment own and control the fake political system and are not about to let anyone change it.

They also own the media so can sway the hearts and minds of weak minded people extremely easily.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
He resigned 11 days after the referendum result, so that means he was unable to guide his party in the direction he wanted to, or winning the referendum meant that he proved he was a bigger fish in the pool so was looking for a more powerful position elsewhere. ( 4 months later he was keen to chat with Trump).

His real problem was that UKIP never had a hope of becoming government, they were not big enough, and he had no hope if becoming leader in the Tory or Labour party.

If he cared about Britain coming out of the EU, why did he desert British politics so soon after the referendum?
Once the referendum had been held, and the result he had hoped for achieved, he clearly thought that his objective had been accomplished.

Little did he know that May would turn traitor and attempt to overturn the people's wishes.

I do wish he'd come back and fight for our rights. Unfortunately his party, UKIP, appears to have been taken over.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
He offered to help anyway he could tories turned him away wouldn't even talk to him. What did anyone think he could do after that ? I think like many of us he trusted TM to do the right thing. He was about done by then with no real job to do helping to get us out. So chose to leave I well remember the relief he exhibited those first few months, he'd given much of his adult life to the one cause and had won the referendum. He was I thought by that point allowed to do things for himself and try to have a life. He was then invited to other countries to help and I again remember him talking about the possibilities and he said it gave him purpose again.

The people saying that was bad should have stood in his shoes looking at life from his perspective. He thought it was over he had done it, and others were going to guide us to the finish, he was sad not to be part of it but very tired from the fight.

If he hadn't been treated as he was he might have stayed leader of UKIP and avoided this mess they are in. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Well said, Julia. A much more explicit explanation than my brief response!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-12-2018, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I've never marched about anything in my life but if we don't leave I will be out with lots of others ...... even if I was a remainer I would march because there is much more at stake than just BREXIT
Indeed. Democracy itself is at stake.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
He offered to help anyway he could tories turned him away wouldn't even talk to him. What did anyone think he could do after that ? I think like many of us he trusted TM to do the right thing. He was about done by then with no real job to do helping to get us out. So chose to leave I well remember the relief he exhibited those first few months, he'd given much of his adult life to the one cause and had won the referendum. He was I thought by that point allowed to do things for himself and try to have a life. He was then invited to other countries to help and I again remember him talking about the possibilities and he said it gave him purpose again.

The people saying that was bad should have stood in his shoes looking at life from his perspective. He thought it was over he had done it, and others were going to guide us to the finish, he was sad not to be part of it but very tired from the fight.

If he hadn't been treated as he was he might have stayed leader of UKIP and avoided this mess they are in. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Why does he keep coming back?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Indeed. Democracy itself is at stake.
Your democracy is all one sided though and Farage is a Fascist agitator who would certainly deny any democratic rights to anyone he didn't like if he ever got any power.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well said, Julia. A much more explicit explanation than my brief response!
It may be more explicit than your response JBR, but it also makes him sound no better than Cameron....who offered the referendum & then resigned because the result didn't go the way he wanted.
If politicians fight for a cause, or offer a referendum, surely they must expect to see it through to the end. We have not yet left the EU!

Why was he offering support to the Tories on Brexit, yet leaving his own party because they were moving to the right?

Perhaps we should open our eyes to just how self motivated politicians are!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-12-2018, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Why does he keep coming back?
Why do you keep coming back?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-12-2018, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It may be more explicit than your response JBR, but it also makes him sound no better than Cameron....who offered the referendum & then resigned because the result didn't go the way he wanted.
If politicians fight for a cause, or offer a referendum, surely they must expect to see it through to the end. We have not yet left the EU!

Why was he offering support to the Tories on Brexit, yet leaving his own party because they were moving to the right?

Perhaps we should open our eyes to just how self motivated politicians are!
I think the difference between Cameron and Farage is that Cameron was PM and could - should - have honoured the result of the referendum.

What could Farage do, in his position, that he had not already done?

Page 6 of 22 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top