Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 10:00 AM

Badger Cull what has it gained ?

I am appalled at how many badgers have been culled .
I simply don't believe this will help stop TB in cows .

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...in-annual-cull
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 12:25 PM

Re: Badger Cull what has it gained ?

I agree with you Muddy.
They won't be happy until they have killed every badger, and then what will they blame when TB still keeps happening?

You may find this man interesting, though some of it old print now:

https://morethanjustbadgers.net/?s=badger+cull

This is more recent, just this February in fact.
Amazing how the cops turn a blind eye to what suits 'em is not it.

https://morethanjustbadgers.net/blog/
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 12:30 PM

It's a dreadful thing they are doing to the badgers. They don't even check them for TB so they are killing perfectly healthy animals as well as some that may or may not be affected.
There is a vaccination that can be given to badgers to stop TB in them, but the government won't use it as it's expensive to administer.
A friend of mine had all the wild badgers in her woods inoculated at her own expense, but it didn't stop the government from culling the area where she lives, she had known the badgers, all of them for years & they were friendly to her. She was devastated.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
It's a dreadful thing they are doing to the badgers. They don't even check them for TB so they are killing perfectly healthy animals as well as some that may or may not be affected.
There is a vaccination that can be given to badgers to stop TB in them, but the government won't use it as it's expensive to administer.
A friend of mine had all the wild badgers in her woods inoculated at her own expense, but it didn't stop the government from culling the area where she lives, she had known the badgers, all of them for years & they were friendly to her. She was devastated.

I don't blame your friend for being devastated Tiff, so would I have been. That's dreadful.
Murdering swines.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top