Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 06:06 PM

Re: Inguinal Hernia Repair Repair Repeatedly Delayed

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Surely, there is somewhere private? I thought it was good idea! You could tell the overlookers or passer-bys that it’s for medical reasons. I’m sure they would understand!
I have young families as my immediate neighbours - I don't think the parents would like their very young children to catch sight of an old man's "meat and two veg" .....

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My wound is almost better. I am more miffed that my procedures that have left me slightly mutilated, were unnecessary and that the mammogram in this modern age, should have been more accurate.
I'm glad hear that you're healing but sad to hear that you feel "mutilated" - you might feel happier to know that mine's bigger than yours - it's a good 6 inches .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 02:24 PM

It's now 8 weeks after the operation and I'm (just about) fully recovered and finding myself doing physical things (like climbing the stairs) without first considering the implications .....

Whether I'll see any actual "improvement" over the coming months remains to be seen .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

13-10-2019, 11:29 AM

Sadly, my recovery was short-lived and, after 12 weeks, some discomfort returned and then painful bloating eventually persuaded me to see a GP about 6 weeks ago.

The (temporary) GP agreed that I needed an appointment with my consultant and said he would arrange it.

Apparently, he didn't, because, after 4 weeks, I contacted the surgery and the secretary was surprised that I hadn't heard from the hospital, so she said that she would refer my query to a practice partner.

A day later, she contacted me to say that the partner had chased my query and that I should hear from the hospital shortly.

A week later, I heard from the hospital and I have now arranged an appointment with the consultant for 7th November.

If I have to have further surgery (a repair to repair the repair that repaired the repair) and I experience the same delays as before then I may consider going "private".
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 11:55 AM

Forum squabbles aside, sincere good luck to you with this, Omah. I didn't even know this thread existed but I do know something about what you're going through.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

13-10-2019, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Forum squabbles aside, sincere good luck to you with this, Omah. I didn't even know this thread existed but I do know something about what you're going through.
Don't be so two-faced with me, "mate" ..... I'm not one of your fawning "Floydettes" .....

You think you can be appallingly rude, even downright nasty, to the nicest people and then "apologise" - that doesn't work with Artangel and it doesn't work with me .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Sadly, my recovery was short-lived and, after 12 weeks, some discomfort returned and then painful bloating eventually persuaded me to see a GP about 6 weeks ago.

The (temporary) GP agreed that I needed an appointment with my consultant and said he would arrange it.

Apparently, he didn't, because, after 4 weeks, I contacted the surgery and the secretary was surprised that I hadn't heard from the hospital, so she said that she would refer my query to a practice partner.

A day later, she contacted me to say that the partner had chased my query and that I should hear from the hospital shortly.

A week later, I heard from the hospital and I have now arranged an appointment with the consultant for 7th November.

If I have to have further surgery (a repair to repair the repair that repaired the repair) and I experience the same delays as before then I may consider going "private".

That is dreadful treatment, Omah!
I agree, if going private sorts it out quicker, then so be it.
Good luck.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Don't be so two-faced with me, "mate" ..... I'm not one of your fawning "Floydettes" .....

You think you can be appallingly rude, even downright nasty, to the nicest people and then "apologise" - that doesn't work with Artangel and it doesn't work with me .....
Lol! Sod yer then!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 03:12 PM

A real trial for you Omah and I wish you well with getting the repair repaired.

I've got a hernia to the side of the belly button. It's right at the end of an operation scar that dates back 33 years. The bulge isn't painful but I examine it every time I do something strenuous on the stomach muscles, just to make sure hasn't got any bigger.

I keep thinking I ought to get it sorted out but reading this thread, perhaps it might be best to leave it well alone seeing as how it doesn't hurt.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 03:15 PM

Yikes, this is terrible to read that you are still experiencing such painful symptoms, Omah. This sounds like very unsatisfactory treatment. How are you getting along in the meantime? I really hope you get on the surgical calendar in short order!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

13-10-2019, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That is dreadful treatment, Omah!
I agree, if going private sorts it out quicker, then so be it.
Good luck.
Originally Posted by mart ->
A real trial for you Omah and I wish you well with getting the repair repaired.
Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Yikes, this is terrible to read that you are still experiencing such painful symptoms, Omah. This sounds like very unsatisfactory treatment. How are you getting along in the meantime? I really hope you get on the surgical calendar in short order!
Thanks for the comments.

I am in no real pain but have uncomfortable sensations "down below" ..... once my (proper) GP took charge then things happened faster but, as I know from experience, surgical procedures can be delayed by a number of factors, one of which will be the usual winter shortage of beds .....

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top