Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 11:17 PM

Re: Restless Leg Syndrome

I had restless leg syndrome when I was pregnant very many years ago - was prescribed a mild tranquiliser..............it worked!
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 09:58 AM

I sometimes get a cramp at night. All I have to do is to get out of bed and stand up straight. The cramp just disappears.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 10:00 AM

For cramp, I still drink a little tonic water every day which works but not late at night because it causes restless legs.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I know there isn't a cure but has anyone found relief from this cramping and jumping of the nerves in the legs especially in bed at night that force you to move them?
I have found that a painkiller like paracetamol or aspirin works - not 100% effective but pretty good most of the time.

However some time ago I read that an orgasm is very effective at curing restless leg syndrome, that sounds like the best cure.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have found that a painkiller like paracetamol or aspirin works - not 100% effective but pretty good most of the time.

However some time ago I read that an orgasm is very effective at curing restless leg syndrome, that sounds like the best cure.
I gather you didn't watch the truly shocking way some suffer from this in Ch 5's programme in April ?
I would say thi short video shows what mine would look like if I could see myself in bed while I'm trying to sleep
https://youtu.be/1Sk5PdYEyvE

This is what that sufferer said Night after night, no cure. For those who have the Syndrome....a life time of hell for the most severe cases. No magic bullet found in prescription Med's. But Cannabis/Marijuana works for me, kills RLS dead for around 4/5 hours, allowing blissful sleep. It desperately needs to be legalised for medicinal purposes, pain, stress, depression associated with so many disabilities, PTSD etc, etc, etc, and for such as in my case RLS/PLMD. Why am I criminalised for wanting to sleep, why are people criminalised for wanting to be free from pain, or the shakes etc.
Teeps
New Member!
Brigg Lincolnshire
Teeps is female 

06-08-2019, 12:36 PM

I suffered from this when I was anaemic but once my iron levels built up I was ok

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top