Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:29 PM

Can someone please help?

Hi, would be very grateful if someone could assist this old biddy.

I know how to download a video from Youtube to OFF as Off has the facility to help me download it.

But honestly, trying to fathom out how to download a music video to my laptop itself is proving very frustrating. I have watched every Youtube video which tells one how to do the above, as well as putting the question in Google Chrome search box. They all have a method for doing it, but it all seems so technical that I get completely lost half way through. Even silly things like "Open up your Browser" is gobbledegook to me, my browser is Google Chrome and I am already using it to ask the questions of them, so how can I open my browser????

To any experts on here, this must sound so silly, but this technically challenged lady would be so grateful for any help. All I want to do is download a music video from Youtube directly to my laptop so I can listen to it offline.

Can anyone help manoeuvre me through the process of doing this please?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:32 PM

Re: Can someone please help?

Me too.
I don't know how to download music at all .
Still got CDs that download themselves to the car then I can never find them again .
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:33 PM

Me three.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:41 PM

Linking a video to OFF

Many moons ago, a forum member posted this procedure, which has always worked for me :

Over50sForum - Posting a YT video

Posting a YT video really isn't complicated, this is how I remember to do it...

Go to Youtube and click on the word share under the video

... and a code will appear like this...

https://youtu.be/vclCPTI2qGU

...now cut and paste everything after the be/
like this...

vclCPTI2qGU

...now you need to add the 'open' and 'closed' youtube gates in front of and behind the code, these without the spaces...

[y t]
...note the closed gate has a slash
[/y t]

...so your bit of code goes in a sandwich in the middle of the gates.

but that won't save it to your PC.

You could try the instructions here:

How do I download or save a YouTube video to my computer?

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001002.htm

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:43 PM

Oh dear Muddy and Bratti, thank goodness I'm not the only one who finds this so bloomin difficult!
It's ridiculous, I can manage typing fast as learned speed typing, but what good is that when I can't even do what others would find a really simple task such as downloading a video. doh!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:43 PM

If you have Firefox browser, you can get the YouTube Video Downloader Add-on.

Here's the blurb.

Download YouTube Videos in MP4, WEBM, 3GP and more in HD quality with sound.YouTube Video Download - YouTube HD Download is an amazing YouTube Downloader tool for all the YouTube download fans.Download YouTube videos!Download YouTube videos quickly and easily - HD support with sound included!
This is an easy YouTube Video Downloader - if you need is a simple, fully featured and non-intrusive Add-on to download YouTube videos with HD support, seek no more.
YouTube Video Download - YouTube HD Download (1-Click) is a great Download Helper Tool that works great in combination with Video DownloadHelper, Flash Video Downloader and others.

How it works ?
A simple red button is added to YouTube video pages, which enables you to download videos.
The button is integrated in a simple manner below the video and next to other YouTube buttons (see screenshots).
Click the button to populate a list of available formats to download and choose the one you want.

I use it all the time. It's very good if not excellent.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

22-06-2019, 06:47 PM

Omah, I'm so sorry, I was fine up to the bit about the name. because that is what I do when downloading from youtube to Off.
but you lost me when you got to cut and paste and gate! it means nothing to me I'm afraid. I'm like a baby when it comes to being told what to do with something like me. I only understand when someone types out such as

1. Go to Youtube
2. Choose the music video you want
3. ??????

Help!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Omah, I'm so sorry, I was fine up to the bit about the name. because that is what I do when downloading from youtube to Off.
but you lost me when you got to cut and paste and gate! it means nothing to me I'm afraid. I'm like a baby when it comes to being told what to do with something like me. I only understand when someone types out such as

1. Go to Youtube
2. Choose the music video you want
3. ??????

Help!
Judd's suggestion is better than mine .....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:50 PM

A bit more here for Chrome browser

https://addoncrop.com/youtube_video_downloader/

Click on the download for other browsers button and select Chrome. Please note that I don't use Chrome so can't say whether this will be any good. Caveat Emptor and all that.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

22-06-2019, 06:51 PM

Judd, Thank you so much. I will download Firefox now and put that add on into the seachbox.
I will let you know how I fare. Did you read that Muddy and Bratti? If either of you try it too, at least if I do it wrong, I will be able to ask you if you get it right.

Omah, thank you very much too for your help. It doesn't help that I don't know the technical names such as gate etc. So sorry. I'm such a duffer.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top