Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 06:13 PM

Printers - being silly!

I have two Epson inkjet printers - one is two years old, the other barely 6 months. Both of them are acting up - and refusing to prints anything - except in PINK!

Tried head cleaning, nozzle cleaning, head re-aligning, uninstalling, reinstalling, changing the ink cartridges - and I only use genuine Epson ones - still Pink!! Even when told to print 'greyscale' - still pink.

Tried contacting Epson - would stand a better chance of reaching the Popes home number!

Have any of you had a similar problem?

Any advice would be welcome.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 06:27 PM

Re: Printers - being silly!

sounds more like a computer problem. You don't say if the printers are the same model number. if different then they would need 2 programs for the computer and you would have to use the right program for that printer.

I would suggest you concentrate on one printer to start with. What I would do is delete any printer programs on your computer, completely wipe them off the computer memory and start again

one program one printer and see then what happens

fault with mac computers is the OS update See 7.10min into video
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 06:34 PM

There are several solutions on the internet but you have appear to have tried most of them.

Have you got the model numbers?

The Contact page for Epson is:

https://www.epson.co.uk/contactus#contact_info5

They have an online chat facility, which may be quicker than phoning, and an email address, if your need is not urgent.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 06:44 PM

worth watching all video. half way thru says fault with mac computers is the OS update See 7.10min into video

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
sounds more like a computer problem. You don't say if the printers are the same model number. if different then they would need 2 programs for the computer and you would have to use the right program for that printer.

I would suggest you concentrate on one printer to start with. What I would do is delete any printer programs on your computer, completely wipe them off the computer memory and start again

one program one printer and see then what happens

fault with mac computers is the OS update See 7.10min into video
Have uninstalled the oldest printer - just the Epson XP255 connected now - and the world is still pink!

Originally Posted by Omah ->
There are several solutions on the internet but you have appear to have tried most of them.

Have you got the model numbers?

The Contact page for Epson is:

https://www.epson.co.uk/contactus#contact_info5

They have an online chat facility, which may be quicker than phoning, and an email address, if your need is not urgent.

Thanks for that linky, Omah, will 'chat' with them tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
worth watching all video. half way thru says fault with mac computers is the OS update See 7.10min into video

Interesting video - thank you, Realspeed. Will check the Epson programme files for the information about colour duplication.

Thank you for your help Realspeed and Omah.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have two Epson inkjet printers - one is two years old, the other barely 6 months. Both of them are acting up - and refusing to prints anything - except in PINK!

Tried head cleaning, nozzle cleaning, head re-aligning, uninstalling, reinstalling, changing the ink cartridges - and I only use genuine Epson ones - still Pink!! Even when told to print 'greyscale' - still pink.

Tried contacting Epson - would stand a better chance of reaching the Popes home number!

Have any of you had a similar problem?

Any advice would be welcome.
Have you tried printing from something else? Like your phone/tablet?

Also what does a printer test page look like? (I suppose that depends on whether the test page is generated by the printer or or the computer)
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 02:29 PM

Any progress .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

27-06-2019, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Have you tried printing from something else? Like your phone/tablet?
Don't own either anymore.

Also what does a printer test page look like? (I suppose that depends on whether the test page is generated by the printer or or the computer)
Pink!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

27-06-2019, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Any progress .....
No, Omah, I have been out all day so not touched it. Will try the 'chat' thing tomorrow.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

27-06-2019, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by silver tabby ->
no, omah, i have been out all day so not touched it. Will try the 'chat' thing tomorrow.:-d:-d
ok .....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top