Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 03:21 PM

Re: The deed is done!

Good luck with this, Jazzi. I'm sure you have made the right decision and it will be so reassuring to you both when you finally get settled in and enjoy a more pleasant lifestyle.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Good luck with this, Jazzi. I'm sure you have made the right decision and it will be so reassuring to you both when you finally get settled in and enjoy a more pleasant lifestyle.
Thanks Floydy.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 07:46 PM

Well, my viewings were yesterday and today I have received confirmation from my HA that viewer 1 has been allocated the property and they have put down a reservation fee.

I have spent the day panicking, asking around friends if they would be a referee if required, (I would most probably rent first) had offers of help with packing boxes, talking to siblings, phoning friends and telling them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 08:12 PM

Well done Jazzi .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 08:22 PM

Great news Jazzi you are on your way....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

07-08-2019, 09:26 PM

It’s all very scary! Telling people today that recently my sis said on FB, why get stressed, I took it all in my stride. I reminded her she had a huge army of family members to help her out. She barely lifted a finger, lol.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 10:44 PM

Wonderful news Jazzi and yes, it must be scary for you but also there are exciting times ahead.

I hope you find your ideal home now.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

08-08-2019, 07:18 AM

Thanks Mags.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

14-08-2019, 07:40 PM

Well the sale is going through on my flat, and today I put in an offer to buy the house I liked in Gorleston on sea with the bi section garden. Had told the agency I was waiting till I'd viewed today but he said not a problem, he hadn't told the vendor. My car broke down on the way to Lowestoft so I had to cancel all the viewings.

If I get a rental in the meantime I might take it, but will see. Unless I can get some other alternative accommodation around November time, till the house is done up. Noticed on the photos a panel missing on the bath and would want that done as soon as! (Cos we all know what hides in dark places!)
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 10:11 PM

Jazzi
First of all I wish you well in the decision to move to somewhere you will be happy in.

There is nothing like going into your own home for the first time and shutting that front door. I remember it well with our first house, If we do not want to let anyone in it is a great feeling being able to say no.

Sue and i have moved about 5 times and each move has not been easy, i don't think any move is considering what is involved.

The last move was the most horrendous trying to sell a house and business on the same site.
it took us 6 years to eventually sell purely because buyers didn't have the cash you buy, even to the extent of up to signing contracts and backing out at the last moment.

WE had idiots and I mean real plonkers thinking they could knock £300,000 off the asking price, even down to asking us to put in a development proposal on their behalf when they didn't even own our place, and us drawing up the plans at our cost.

Nearly all thought they could knock us down by hundreds of thousands even though our books were showing well into six figure sums.

One potential buyer backed out because someone in the chain a farmer had shot himself, so the whole chain of buyers and sellers had to start again

We came to the conclusion a lot of buyers are just plain nosey or could take us for mugs .

One couple even kept pestering us at all times even standing outside the gates when we were shut, we could see him on the CCTV.

Again we were messed about something rotten on our first brand new 4 bed house, the buyer of the house we owned said he had money yet we found out his place in kent was on the edge of a quarry and he could not sell. We managed to stall the builders because a public footpath had not been divert and shown as going in and out of the house front.back door. my the time the builders had got that sorted with the council we were ready to move.

So I sympathise what you are going through and the fast moving transactions suddenly slowing down mainly because of solicitors not making an effort on your behalf. How many times that happened to us I would need all fingers and toes to count on.

Finding somewhere you like is fantastic, buying it is something else, extreme happiness one moment and worrying times the next.

So as i said at the start Sue and I wish you all the best and find a home you love, we did in the end and here we are and just got it before it was sold.

I saw this place on the internet and rang the agents there and then.Next day we turned up looked at it and said we would buy it, being cash buyers and nothing to sell. We insisted it was taken off the market, it had only been on 3 days with others booked to few in a couple of days time being a weekend.

Yes it needed a lot doing to it which I did post some time ago, and you will more than likely need to update the place you get, even if only to your liking.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top