Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 01:44 PM

Please, Can Anyone Recommend A Combination Microwave Oven??

My brilliant Panasonic Combination Microwave Oven NN-A755 died the other day and l want to replace it with something similar. I bought it about 14 years ago, so l was lucky it lasted so long.

I used it mainly, for making my porridge, custard and sauces. There was a great option on it for doing jacket potatoes. You just put the potato/potatoes in the microwave, entered their total weight and pressed Start. They were ready in about 15 minutes, depending on their weight. They were perfect.

I haven’t been able to go to the library to read the ‘Which’ magazine because of my injured knee, so l have been looking online.
I also rang Panasonic, who said the NN-CT56JB was the equivalent. I asked if this had the jacket potato option but he said, no l would have to press something 3 times to cook them.
He also mentioned, the NN-ST479. which has the potato option but I can’t find many suppliers online and the ones that stock it have bad reviews for this model.

I am now wondering if l should go for a different brand, although l do love Panasonic goods. I find them very reliable.

So l ask, do you have a Combination Microwave Oven that you could recommend? Preferably, with the Jacket potato option?

Thank You.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 03:05 PM

Re: Please, Can Anyone Recommend A Combination Microwave Oven??

We too have a panasonic microwave combo model number NN-CT552W with With your jacket potato option
I suspect the new version is below as ours is no longer available

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/househ...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
spec

19 auto cook programs including:
- Puree root vegetables
- Puree fruits
- Fresh pasta bake
- Chilled breaded products
- Frozen breaded products
- Fresh vegetable fries
- Frozen vegetable fries
- Healthy flapjacks
- Fresh vegetables
- Fresh fish
- Porridge with milk
- Porridge with water
- Jacket potatoes
- Chicken
- Beef-rare
- Beef-medium
- Beef-well done
- Lamb-medium
- Lamb-well done

Get them to deliver it for you
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 09:35 PM

Art, this is a good one I bought last year from Tesco. Sharp Combination R843SLM 25 litre. It was my first ever microwave, which I mainly bought, as a backup to when the gas cooker goes on the blink.It's very versatile, and yes, Jacket Potatoes no problem, just stick on them A2. Available most places, I certainly recommend it.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Art, this is a good one I bought last year from Tesco. Sharp Combination R843SLM 25 litre. It was my first ever microwave, which I mainly bought, as a backup to when the gas cooker goes on the blink.It's very versatile, and yes, Jacket Potatoes no problem, just stick on them A2. Available most places, I certainly recommend it.

Thank You, John.
I did do some research into this microwave which l think has now been discontinued or is going to be?
I do know Sharp have a great reputation for manufacturing microwaves. I think they were one of the first?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 02:14 AM

Get the German one - it seats six
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You, John.
I did do some research into this microwave which l think has now been discontinued or is going to be?
I do know Sharp have a great reputation for manufacturing microwaves. I think they were one of the first?
Art, it is still available on Amazon. They seem to have the best price, including free delivery.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sharp-R843-C.../dp/B01K9FJ6TG
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-07-2019, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Art, it is still available on Amazon. They seem to have the best price, including free delivery.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sharp-R843-C.../dp/B01K9FJ6TG

Thank You, John. I will have a look.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-07-2019, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Get the German one - it seats six
That’s great, Bruce. Thanks!
Oh....and you’re going on the roof for your cheeky post!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 05:32 AM

I've got a Bosch combination one it's built into my kitchen units....it's 10 years old now so the model probably isn't available but I recommend Bosch...it's never been any trouble and I use it a lot.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 01:22 PM

Art , I have the Panasonic Inverter one that lets you do what you’ve explained .Model NN-CT552 W ,it’s the same as Realspeeds who has kindly given you the newer model link .
It gives you the choice to punch the Jacket Potato lettering which asks you if you want to go up or down from 200 grams then it automatically selects cooking time and you simply press start .
Jackets come out with a lovely crisp skin done this way

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top