Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 10:01 AM

Re: Oldbugger

Hello Sue and thanks for the update. I hope the arrival of the new grandchild will help to ease things for you, but of course nothing else matters where Jim's progress is concerned.

My thoughts are with you all.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 11:50 AM

I am so sorry to hear this bad news, what a dreadful shock it must have been. I wish a very speedy recovery for Jim and I hope all goes well with the new baby.
Mila
Lincoln, UK
Mila is female 

19-10-2014, 01:37 PM

I don't know anyone here because I have just joined but it's sad to hear that anyone has been taken ill so you have my best wishes for his speedy recovery Sue and may he soon be back here and getting to know us newbies;
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 01:48 PM

Hello, Sue. Thinking of you both today and hoping that your new grandchild has arrived safely and that Jim is able to be aware of the new arrival.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 05:54 PM

So sorry to hear about Jim Sue. It is very early days and I know quite often a good recovery can be made after a stroke, but it does take time. Keep your spirits up and be positive. My sister had a very dense stroke about 12 weeks ago, but she has recently come home and is making good progress. I hope it will be something similar for your Jim. Best wishes to you and Jim and hopefully your grandchild has arrived safely. My thoughts are with Jim, yourself and your new grandchild and mum.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2014, 07:00 PM

Hello all,

I am delighted to announce that firstly at 2:15AM on Sunday 19th our granddaughter was born and secondly, this morning Jim came round!

He is still attached to all sorts of machines (although thankfully no longer any breathing aids) but has regained consciousness and was able to speak.

Although it is very early days, there doesn't seem to be any lasting physical effects, however I immediately noticed that Jim's speech was - although delivered correctly - not as fluent as usual and he had trouble placing words etc...

I'm trying not to dwell on that too much at this moment though as both the doctors and I are much relieved that the outcome wasn't more serious considering how long he was unconscious.

There are still many tests to be done and questions answered, but for now I can slightly relax for the first time since this happened on Friday.

Sorry that this is all over the place, but I haven't slept in days

Hopefully by tomorrow we will have more clarity and I will be able to give a more detailed update.

Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes, I am certain that they played a big part in Jim's recovery so far and will continue to do so.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2014, 07:04 PM

Great news Susan - so happy to hear Jim has spoken, to be expected not fluently yet, early days
Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter too
Try and relax now - you need some quality sleep x
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2014, 07:11 PM

Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter - prayers and everything crossed for your husbands continued improvement. xx
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2014, 07:15 PM

Sue that is such wonderful news and congratulations on the arrival of your granddaughter
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2014, 07:15 PM

Congrats all round, good news x

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top