Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 07:28 PM

Re: Yes I agree... I'm well left of centre...

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I simply do not understand what you mean, divider of what?
You won't be able to unless you have followed Obamas Election and the Rise of the Tea Baggers.

He did nothing to bring his country together after BUSH he just opened the race divide.

I think Clinton will and can heal if she is elected...but could be wrong.

Trump might be the hope for America as Maggie was for are country.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
....Trump might be the hope for America as Maggie was for are country.
I assume you are joking.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
I assume you are joking.
Don't know.

He could be right?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 08:02 PM

Do you hate muslims(even if you have never met one)? Hey and black muslims-? Do you believe in having an automatic rifle at home as a God given right? Should we build a wall better than those commie ruskies?

Vote Trump
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Just how has Obama bee a liability? Seems to have done a lot better than many of his predecessors to me.
Trump is a frightening prospect and hopefully they will see through his bullshit but I doubt it.
Because he did the same thing, made a ,lot of promises which he knew he wouldn't be able to keep. Now, at the end of his presidency America is no better off than when he began. The American public are about to fall for the same tactic yet again, this time from another quack doctor claiming to have a cure for all America's ills.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
If they're stupid enough to elect Trump as their President, America will return to the pariah state it was during Kennedy's, Johnson's, Nixon's, and Reagan's Presidencies.
Joe me old pal, me old beauty. You often write a load of tosh but this one Trumps them all.

America has NEVER been a pariah state even during the lowest point of the Nixon Administration. If you think that then people would have to wonder what planet you have been living on for the last 50 years.

If Trump gets elected then that is quite another matter and, if the latest polls are anything to go by, he well might.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Joe me old pal, me old beauty. You often write a load of tosh but this one Trumps them all.

America has NEVER been a pariah state even during the lowest point of the Nixon Administration. If you think that then people would have to wonder what planet you have been living on for the last 50 years.

If Trump gets elected then that is quite another matter and, if the latest polls are anything to go by, he well might.
Yes well living that far south and therefore 'out of it' you would say that but those of us living in the NORTHERN hemisphere have a rather different perspective - the US was a pariah state following the 'Bay of Pigs' (so aptly named) invasion, the Vietnam, Cambodian and Laosian invasions, and the invasion of Grenada during Reagan's Presidency. Of course I could have added Bush Jnr's invasions of Iraq & Afghanistan to the list too.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 01:59 PM

At least Trump hasn't reached the level of the Jeremy Corbyn yet, as depicted in the Telegraph cartoon by Matt.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/matt//
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 03:19 PM

Hi

A Trump victory could, strangely enough, be positive as regards peace in the Middle East and Europe.

Trump has stated that he has no interest in removing Assad, merely determined to crush ISIS.

Good news, a much quicker end to the conflict in Syria, no base for ISIS and far less issues with migrants.

Trump has also said he will not help defend certain NATO Allies.

Another piece of good news, as this is generally taken to mean Turkey and the Ukraine.

Erdogan shooting down the Russian plane was an example of how dangerous he is.

The USA has 50 tactical nuclear warheads stored on an airbase in Turkey.

During the recent coup attempt Erdogan cut the power supply to the base, send his troops in, there was a standoff on the USA controlled part of the base.

I do not want Erdogan having even the remotest chance of getting his hands on Nukes.

The Ukraine could be sorted out quite easily.

Let Putin keep what he has got, draw the line, remove the Sanctions and we can all sleep easier.

Clinton on the other hand is on a moral crusade, she is like Blair.

She wants rid of Assad and to front off with Putin over the Ukraine, neither of which is good news for us in Europe.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Trump has also said he will not help defend certain NATO Allies.

Another piece of good news, as this is generally taken to mean Turkey and the Ukraine.

Erdogan shooting down the Russian plane was an example of how dangerous he is.

The USA has 50 tactical nuclear warheads stored on an airbase in Turkey.

During the recent coup attempt Erdogan cut the power supply to the base, send his troops in, there was a standoff on the USA controlled part of the base.

I do not want Erdogan having even the remotest chance of getting his hands on Nukes.
I think it would be sensible for Turkey to be expelled from NATO, and for America to pull out and remove its assets, especially the nuclear warheads. These latter items could be just as effectively held in other European countries or, failing that, on their aircraft carrier(s) stationed in the Mediterranean.

I believe that Turkey has shown itself to be not an ally but a tangible danger.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top