Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 09:20 AM

7,400 staff who don't speak English !!

Morning everyone, now i don’t wish to start the morning off by causing controversy but after reading the following in the paper this morning, I nearly choked on my cornflakes !
I really would like to know what planet public service bosses are on. It seems that they are so intent on instigating “positive racism” in their warped quest for political correctness, they are happy to employ, at the expense of British workers, immigrants who don’t speak English well enough yet are put in positions where the wrong word could mean the difference between curing someone or killing them.!!

Read this and judge for yourselves…

Up to 7,400 migrants working in key public services cannot speak a word of English well enough to do their jobs, a Government study has found.

The Report, conducted for the Cabinet Office,found that at least 5,500 dealing with the public in hospital, councils, schools and other public sector jobs are unable to speak the basic English needed to perform their jobs safely.

Using census data, officials warned that the precise figure could be as high as 7,400.
The study calls for staff to be given lessons.
And in guidance for bosses, the Cabinet Office says that those who refuse or fail to improve should be “redeployed” to roles where they no longer deal with the public.
Under new Immigration Act 2016 powers they can ultimately be sacked.

The report says that a solution is likely to cost taxpayers up to £7.5million but says this will be offset by better service and less complaints.

Cabinet Minister, Ben Gummer, said it was vital to reassure the public “that there is not a language barrier that might prevent them from contacting or using public services or inadvertently put them at risk”.

UNQUOTE

Ben Gummer, you imbecile ! What do you mean essential to reassure the publlc that there is not a language barrier….. Of course there is a language barrier that could put us, joe public, in harm’s way.

The solution? unbelievable! it's bad enough that we have imbeciles who employed so many thousands of Immigrants who don’t speak basic English instead of British employees, what's the betting they have been keeping shtum over incidents where harm has already been caused. I wonder which filing cabinet they have been filed away in.? If and when it is eventually disclosed no doubt we will hear the old chestnut taken from the Government Guide to being a D..k-H..d, yes, that old chestnut…..Lessons have been learned !
What is so galling is the fact that these same imbeciles are responsible for costing the taxpayer up to £7.5million in order to teach them English !!!

The world’s gone mad !!! Your views please …...
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 09:25 AM

Re: 7,400 staff who don't speak English !!

I am pushed for time to go on a long rant about this Shrops.
But you really couldn't make it up!
Ruddy disgusting is all I can say at the moment.
Where are my migraine tablets?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 09:29 AM

We sometimes have temp. Postmen here, and they can't even read an address, and often ring my doorbell and ask where they live, unbelievable.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 09:40 AM

Hi

If we do not train our own what else can we expect?

The entire system is wrong.

Not only do we not train enough Nurses, we now charge them to be trained.

Sheer madness to do this and import Foreign Nurses when our own kids cannot get a place to train.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 09:48 AM

Absolute madness SG.
What are they going to do with the report now it has probably cost thousands to produce and demonstrated a major problem? Nothing, that's what. There will be a half arse attempt to reassure the public that steps are being taken to correct this stupidity and then it will be shelved and never heard of again.

Everyone who can not understand the information being offered due to a language barrier should complain to higher authority in the strongest possible terms and have the person removed forthwith. It's just not acceptable!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If we do not train our own what else can we expect?

The entire system is wrong.

Not only do we not train enough Nurses, we now charge them to be trained.

Sheer madness to do this and import Foreign Nurses when our own kids cannot get a place to train.
Sorry Swim, you nipped in before me while I was thinking and writing....ermmmm

You're right Swim, all the money this country wastes on other things before looking after our own interests like training our young people to do the jobs we are short of and have to rely on immigration to plug the gaps. No wonder they can't find British people to do the work when it costs them so much to train or they build up such large debts after uni, much cheaper to bring in people who have been schooled and trained somewhere else, but there are drawbacks.....
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
We sometimes have temp. Postmen here, .......and often ring my doorbell and ask where they live, unbelievable.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 11:11 AM

Is it any wonder??? - Ben Gummer is the son of John Gummer - one of Major's incompetents - like father, like son???
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 11:28 AM

I agree with Swimmy
The whole training/education system is wrong

SG...
I though you were having weetabix!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 11:47 AM

I fully agree that is is a disgrace to employ people who do not speak our language well, but whose fault is it?
I believe it is our fault because we vote for politicians in the elections and then just let them get on with things in their own pathetic ways. It is time we made the effort to advise our politicians that they are getting it wrong, by writing letters or sending petitions. I do write to my MP if anything happens that I strongly disagree with and, so far, she has always taken some action.
If they want our votes they need to take actions that will gain them, or give a valid reason for not doing so. It takes 15 mins to type a letter or, if you set up a petition on the relevant web sites, you may get thousands of signatures. Surely the answer is to stop complaining and do something about what our politicians are doing wrong!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top