Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 09:37 AM

Re: Nicola attempting to blackmail the rest of the UK !

Originally Posted by Judd ->
If, by some miracle, Sturgeon did manage to make Scotland independent from the UK and joined the EU, could they manage to pay for the fees involved? The lack of potential oil revenues, the closing of the naval base plunging thousands into unemployment, and the removal of the Barnett formula would seriously jeopardise the Scottish economy.

It also has to be remembered that they only joined the United Kingdom in the first place because Britain bailed them out of a financial crisis in the late 1600s - wonder if they'd be bailed out next time?
Edited previous post to correct date
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Scotland's unemployment rate is 6.1% against England's 5.1%

Since Nicola took control, Scotland's Government deficit has soared to £15 Billion, 9.7% of GDP compared to 4.9% for the rest of the UK.

This will have to be paid for by the Scottish themselves.

It will be interesting to see how she copes with her continual overspending.

It will be more interesting to see how the Scottish Voters deal with Nicola when they get a massive dose of austerity to pay for all this spending.
I agree with Swim.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
The sturgeon is a bottom feeder.
Quite apt I thought
There are some similarities
Originally Posted by fender ->
Remarkable likeness.......
Lol, I like both these posts , I agree there is a distinct likeness.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 04:44 PM

Wont cost much to post her abroad, or attach her to a drone. Just a thought.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
In a democracy you get the leaders you deserve !
Perfectly true. Remember, she was voted in on a majority vote.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
If, by some miracle, Sturgeon did manage to make Scotland independent from the UK and joined the EU, could they manage to pay for the fees involved? The lack of potential oil revenues, the closing of the naval base plunging thousands into unemployment, and the removal of the Barnett formula would seriously jeopardise the Scottish economy.
This is true, but I wonder how many of the Scots who voted her in realise it. Surely it's not rocket science.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
This is true, but I wonder how many of the Scots who voted her in realise it. Surely it's not rocket science.
Hmmmm ... an interesting, although, complex question.

What IS rocket science ?
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 07:51 PM

Thus thread is hilarious. Sturgeon is the leader of the Scottish Nationalist Party, the clue is in the second word, if she wasn't pushing for independence she would be failing in her job.
Unlike the English dupes, the Scots voted to remain in the EU by a large majority. Again Sturgeon would be failing in her role as leader if she did not take that feeling and run with it.
I realise it must be galling for some to have to put up with such a foreign upstart but that's the way of it, I am afraid.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-07-2016, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Thus thread is hilarious. Sturgeon is the leader of the Scottish Nationalist Party, the clue is in the second word, if she wasn't pushing for independence she would be failing in her job.
Unlike the English dupes, the Scots voted to remain in the EU by a large majority. Again Sturgeon would be failing in her role as leader if she did not take that feeling and run with it.
I realise it must be galling for some to have to put up with such a foreign upstart but that's the way of it, I am afraid.
Oh, I assure you it isn't galling for me. I'm all in favour of Scottish independence, and Scotland remaining in the EU for that matter. I was just thinking about the well-being of the Scottish people.

Obviously, you are one who would like to remain in the EU as well. You could, of course, go to live in Scotland or, if the fish woman doesn't get her way, perhaps France or Spain. Then you could have a good laugh at us English dupes (and Welsh, of course. Sorry Rhian).
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 08:18 PM

It's quite funny really you could name the folk on here who never hestitate to take a pop at the Scottish people .

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top