Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2016, 07:32 PM

Re: Brexiteer supporters now demanding their 'pound of flesh'

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Sadly this has been in decline for quite a while Julie, i must add that i hope our fishermen get better treatment after we leave.
Couldn't agree more I'm really hoping we see a resurgence of fishing fleets they need it on the coasts they have taken brunt of a lot of Eu rules.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 12:32 AM

Logically, it should be possible to subsidise everyone who received EU subsidies on the grounds that the money we pay in is far greater than that which they generously hand back to us.

Whether the same subsidies are given to the same people, though, remains to be seen. The big advantage, of course, is that we shall be free to decide where the money goes and hopefully it, and a lot more, should benefit us collectively.

The important thing is that those who decide where the money is sent are directly electable by us, whereas our present masters are not.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 07:55 AM

It seems now a bunch of the unelected House of Lards are getting together to try and stop brexit and are going to try for a second referendum.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 08:03 AM

It seems now a bunch of the unelected House of Lards are getting together to try and stop brexit and are going to try for a second referendum.
They cant they don't have the power to do so.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
While true I am a bit worried we will lose wildlife if they don't carry on being subsidised to keep wildlife margins around fields. It's the only reason I really support them.
It won't kill the farmers to keep hedgerows .
Especially those who allow the hunt to gallop over their land .
While some farmers are struggling some are immensely rich and have benefited from subsidies for decades .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 11:59 AM

Yes, that annoyed me intensely.

Clearly, their lordships (and ladyships) are not particularly interested in democracy, but then I suppose that class of person never really was.

As Galty said, fortunately they don't have the power to stop Brexit; only delay it, which I expect they will try to do.

Yet another reason why this particular pig trough should be dissolved. None are elected and recent events (Call Me Dave's recent proposals, including his wife's hairdresser for God's sake) has shown that many of them are certainly not there for being an exemplary benefit to the country.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top