Join for free
Page 14 of 46 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 04:07 PM

Re: General Brexit discussion posts split from 'How did you vote thread'

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree, so do as I do: don't try to reason with her. It is not possible to reason with the unreasonable.

I have successfully managed to ignore her (without resorting to the ignore button) for days now. It is quite easy if you accept that she offers nothing of any interest or importance.
Well done JBR. Of course you are right, it isn't possible to reason with the unreasonable.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
So Flicker, you think that British people do exactly what our politicians tell us to, do you?
It may surprise you to know that the majority of British politicians wanted to remain in the EU, including our past and present prime ministers and the leader of the labour party. It would have made their jobs easier, and politicians don't like hard work!
If Farage had wanted to tell us what to do, why did he hand over control of UKIP, when he could easily have become our next prime minister? His understanding of what British people wanted made him popular with a large number of Tory and Labour voters, but after the referendum he left his position as UKIP leader..... that doesn't sound like somebody who wanted to tell us all what to think.
Do you really think that a charlatan...a false prophet who is now wandering in the wilderness, would try further his own image by turning down an opportunity to be the leader of his country, where the majority of the people applauded him for assisting us in getting out of the EU?
Perhaps you would understand things better, if you put aside your own opinions and listened to those who disagree with you. After all you don't live here so have little understanding of what British people's priorities are.

Farage would never be leader of the UK...he can't even win a seat in Parliament!! LOLOL
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree, so do as I do: don't try to reason with her. It is not possible to reason with the unreasonable.

I have successfully managed to ignore her (without resorting to the ignore button) for days now. It is quite easy if you accept that she offers nothing of any interest or importance.

I have used the ignore facility. It works very well.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Perhaps you would understand things better, if you put aside your own opinions and listened to those who disagree with you

Indeed:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38459135

which includes.

Brexit is the firing gun on a decade of disruption," the report said.
"Even as what we do and how we work changes, the UK is likely to remain trapped in a low growth, low interest rate decade driven by demographic shifts, productivity trends, weak investment, weak labour power, high levels of debt, and the headwinds of a slowing global economy.

are you listening? Or are you going to shut your ears and call it rubbish because you don't like it?
I always listen, but I don't agree with what every "expert" writes, because there is always another "expert" giving a completely different account.
I own a large farmhouse and have a good pension, but the financial side, of the Brexit argument, isn't the most important to me. I just trust my instincts, as I have done all my life and I have done well. I have certainly never listened to the opinion of an arrogant person who quotes things from newspapers... perhaps that is why I did so well.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 04:30 PM

Can't you just discuss things without being personal?

It is a study at east as valid as any that supports leaving the EU. I care very little about what your opinion is...I care about what the arguments for and against are.

If you can't face arguments that counter your opinion then I hold it as weak and unsupportable.

The financial (I think you mean economic) side is in fact the most important issue . Read the article (you couldn't possibly have read it so quickly) and think about your beloved country, not your beloved farmhouse.

As for arrogant there is nothing so arrogant as someone who says "I am alright Jack and damn the rest. Coupled with "I don't have to listen to those who disagree with me". It is the height of arrogance to think you know it all and have nothing left to learn.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 04:38 PM

Economic is not the most important ! Our sovereignty is most important. Having our own government making all our decisions and not having to listen to people miles away without our welfare at their heart telling us what's good for us.
Flicker
France

29-12-2016, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Economic is not the most important ! Our sovereignty is most important. Having our own government making all our decisions and not having to listen to people miles away without our welfare at their heart telling us what's good for us.
Yep. You can all gather under Nelson's Column and sing "we shall not be moved" followed by Another Day in Paradise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt2mbGP6vFI

Your govt already makes all your decisions. This is one of the worst lies the people of the UK were ever told. No legislation from the EU ever goes into UK statute books without UK approval.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

29-12-2016, 05:16 PM

It is a study at east as valid as any that supports leaving the EU. I care very little about what your opinion is...I care about what the arguments for and against are.

If you can't face arguments that counter your opinion then I hold it as weak and unsupportable.

The financial (I think you mean economic) side is in fact the most important issue . Read the article (you couldn't possibly have read it so quickly) and think about your beloved country, not your beloved farmhouse.

As for arrogant there is nothing so arrogant as someone who says "I am alright Jack and damn the rest. Coupled with "I don't have to listen to those who disagree with me". It is the height of arrogance to think you know it all and have nothing left to learn.
I don't think anybody gets more personal than you, and just because you used to be a teacher, it does not give you the right to speak to others, as you did to your pupils.
Nobody wants the type of discussion that you do, because we have already had it, before the referendum, and nothing is more boring than repeating an activity over and over again, especially for those who were happy with the outcome the first time!

Quote...."It is the height of arrogance to think you know it all and have nothing left to learn."

If that is how you feel, then I suggest that you go back to teaching, where you can force people to learn what you want to tell them. I, on the other hand, have no interest in discussing Brexit with you because it will achieve nothing. The decision to leave has been made and nothing you or anyone else can do will change that.

As I have already told you, a debate usually involves a vote, but you don't want that!
A discussing, on this forum, is an exchange of peoples opinions, which we do from the heart, rather than competing on who can find the best of others opinions, on the internet.
If you want to enjoy your membership here I would suggest that you change your attitude or be prepared to argue with yourself, because we have an ignore button on OFF and anybody that presses it will not have to read your comments, because they will be invisible to them.
I think that I will now join those who have done so already.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

If you want to enjoy your membership here I would suggest that you change your attitude or be prepared to argue with yourself, because we have an ignore button on OFF and anybody that presses it will not have to read your comments, because they will be invisible to them.

I think that I will now join those who have done so already.
Well done. A wise decision if I may say so.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 05:33 PM

Says the lofty moraliser who posted this ....

The top and bottom is that you support killing Palestinian children. You don't care. In fact you probably send up a little prayer saying "thank you god...one Palestinian less".
Flicker .. you're vicious, you're arrogant and you talk to other people like they're dirt.
And worse .. I don't even think you realise you're doing it as it's 'normal' for you.
I'll put you on ignore along with so many others who've given up getting a sensible, reasonable discussion out of you.

Page 14 of 46 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top