Join for free
Page 373 of 1676 « First < 273 323 363 371 372 373 374 375 383 423 473 873 1373 > Last »
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 04:56 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Ah, flattery. I have been a victim of that lately. I think it's the excess of baked beans with chilli wot I consumes as caused it.

Now then, Costa-Bucks, and other pseudo emporia that double the price of a warm drink by calling the size of cup by a pretentious name, or adding air to an otherwise almost palatable drink.

Alas I have been dragged into a few at various times, but would never venture into one alone.
I never drink coffee. I can't stand the stuff, which is strange a-cause I used to love the smell as coffee beans were being cremated in the shopping arcade in Grimsby when I were a lad. I would stand outside the shop mesmerised by sparks flying off the beans being whizzed round inside a mesh drum, and sniffing the aromas produced therein, but ne'er would I taste a drop.

Tea from costa-bobortu is nothing special either. I am partial to a nice mug of choc hotolate, and the stuff they serve in these shops is quite the opposite, so what's an old phart like me to do?

Well, there are places where you can get a decent pot of tea, or mug of cocoa, and (so I am reliably informed) decent coffee as well, accompanied by cakes that come in brick-bat sizes chunks, all made on the premises.
None of the china matches, but who cares. It doesn't get swept into a bin to be put in a vast hole in the ground, but actually gets washed up and re-used.
There be varm shops a plenty around here with cafes alongside, and proper tea rooms of varying size and tastiness, and bakeries come the-only-shop-in-the-village, but getting something different wherever you go is half the fun.
Who wants to know that they will get exactly the same tasting warm cup of froth at every shop they go to, each sip with exactly the same hint of cardboard and caramel?
Not I.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 05:35 PM

I’m afraid ‘Google it’ is going to be with us for a long time Pug, well at least until they figure out a way of inserting a micro computer into the brain, then they will be saying ‘Think it’.
As you know well Pug, if I want to get to the roots of something I prefer to ‘Puggle it’, pluck it off the ‘Gumtree’ or hear it throughout the ‘Fruit vine’

I remember that coffee smell Fruity, there used to be a shop in Grafton Street here called Bewleys did all that, every morning I had to pass it on the way to work, lovely, I can smell it now.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 10:27 PM

Bugger you, don't even think of Spitifying.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Bugger you, don't even think of Spitifying.
Well pardon me, I didn’t think you or RJ were into the highly technical stuff Spitty, always thought you were more into space and black holes, that kind of thing, a whole different field of technology, one could say a ‘Spitfield’

Chew on this one then.
I remember looking into a forum last year that answered questions about the moon landings, I still have grave doubts about the moon landings, I need more answers before I’m convinced. Some of the answers were pathetic, the Admin of the site seemed to get very angry with the questions, many were deleted, I looked again today but the site is no longer there, is there something to hide? I should have thought questions about such a fantastic achievement would be welcomed.

This question didn’t get an answer, seems a simple enough one for any scientific mind to answer.

“There was a video in which one of the astronauts was hitting something with a hammer, the loud thud was audible. How is that possible if no sound waves can travel in a vacuum?”

That wasn’t you with the hammer by any chance Spitty? “Somebody’s knockin’ on the dow-er, somebody’s ringing the bell…”
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 01:30 AM

The one thing...or,should I say,the most PERTURBING thing,about those 'Moon Landings',was,to my mind,that 'Moon-buggy' they rode around on...which,miraculously,didn't need to keep it's centre of gravity aimed toward the spherical centrifuge which would be spinning rapidly in the vacuum immediately behind it,as that would NO LONGER be a vacuum....but would be inundated with colliding spicules of non-graviationally orientated Moondust,lifted into articulated rotational suspension by the vibrational movement of the uppermost sedimentary crust as that 'Moonbuggy' whizzed about;ergo,that thing SHOULD have left a slight fog suspended behind it wherever it went...but it didn't.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 05:41 AM

As you know well Pug, if I want to get to the roots of something I prefer to ‘Puggle it’, pluck it off the ‘Gumtree’ or hear it throughout the ‘Fruit vine’
'ello 'ello'ello did someone call my name or derivative of same as wot is??

just arrived back lunch time sunday [ours not yours - you don't have sundays anymore since yuve all become ' even do ya?

do stick in there sweetiepie you are more a match for these characters anyday - I can email their individual weakenesses if yuz likes ?

stuck in the forest there was clowns to the left of me and jokers to the right and not a tv aerial that would give us the test cricket - so we had to play with the kids and talk to each other -wot as bore! [only jokin]

so wots 'appenin 50/50 so far and a few broken fingers??

well it was good to catch up with the laddie in the relative peace and quiet of the forest - he wined me and dined me and cigared me and it was a delight -then we caught up with some of the local family next day and amazingly forgot all about the cricket.

storms are abrewing in the region so he has to get back home before he gets flooded on the way.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 08:58 AM

oops just woke up to a century!

rain saves play in second test??
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 02:47 PM

Hello you lot - Fruity said you missed me.
I doubt that as you seem to have a lot of fun without a stupid woman intruding.
I start getting ALL excited this time of the year as I do love Christmas.
I see Santa is at it already.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 03:12 PM

Cold tea, yuk.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 05:41 PM

Apropos of absolutely NOTHING we are/have been/are likely to bring up as, a subject for discussion....I have,after several days of testing both,decided the Android mobile communication device is MUCH more user-friendly and open to 'favourable adjustment' regarding the preferences of the user.
So-I'm retaining this rather natty,almost comical in it's abilities Samsung J5 thingy...and the iphone 7,which is humourless and allows ONLY 1st-party apps of little or no joviality,can go onto that well-known internet sales site.

Jolly good. Carry on.

Page 373 of 1676 « First < 273 323 363 371 372 373 374 375 383 423 473 873 1373 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top