Join for free
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 11:17 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

At the school I mentioned there, they had a very good anti-bullying system. Apart from prefects, they involved top sporting pupils like First XV Rugby, First XI Cricket and athletics sports to police (if that's the right word) the school during break periods. No violence was involved but such pupils carried 'karisma' or what we would call 'mana' and would almost always stop bullying. I was a fast bowler in the First XI and champion shot putter and they listened to me when I told the bully off.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
At the school I mentioned there, they had a very good anti-bullying system. Apart from prefects, they involved top sporting pupils like First XV Rugby, First XI Cricket and athletics sports to police (if that's the right word) the school during break periods. No violence was involved but such pupils carried 'karisma' or what we would call 'mana' and would almost always stop bullying. I was a fast bowler in the First XI and champion shot putter and they listened to me when I told the bully off.
That is good Ciderz, I think we all use what we can.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 12:32 AM

A poem sent from a lost friend.
She known around the traps as a girl with some penache

From message board to message board she weaves with quite a dash

But when she lands it’s gently fairy down

And when she waves that magic wand? – it disappears the frowns

By day she cares for many

At night it’s R&R

And if you think you’ve got her figured

Well you’ll be out by far

Now she just loves to travel

To near and to afar

And when that camera’s clicking

She’ll catch your every star[e]?

But just when she’s got ya beaten

She’ll gentle sooth ya brow

She really is a softy – and how and how!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

23-03-2019, 01:40 AM

Good Night POSSUMS. X
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

23-03-2019, 02:06 PM

Oh dear, Scribbles is too quiet.
nicko
uk
nicko is male 

23-03-2019, 02:15 PM

hello someone suggested this would be a bit of a crazy and fun place?

I listened to some professor of birds talkin on the radio today. He said that they had discovered that some birds 'sing' to their chicks whilst they are still in their eggs and when the chicks hatch out they 'sing' the song that mother taught them - this attracts mum of course and she feeds them - cute heh!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

23-03-2019, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by nicko ->
hello someone suggested this would be a bit of a crazy and fun place?

I listened to some professor of birds talkin on the radio today. He said that they had discovered that some birds 'sing' to their chicks whilst they are still in their eggs and when the chicks hatch out they 'sing' the song that mother taught them - this attracts mum of course and she feeds them - cute heh!
Oh hello nicko, this used to be a very busy thread once, it is having a lull. I have a nutty thread in self-mod section.
That is interesting, I saw a similar programme once.
I will nose at your profile to see your interests.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

23-03-2019, 03:08 PM

Alice started to her feet, for it flashed across her mind that she had never before seen a rabbit with either a waistcoat-pocket, or a watch to take out of it, and, burning with curiosity, she ran across the field after it, and was just in time to see it pop down a large rabbit-hole under the hedge.

In another moment down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again. (Wonderland 1.3-4)

I often stare down at my feet, they often need a lovely treat.
No thought for how much new shoes cost, or when temptation gets me lost.
Time is ticking in my head, should I think more in my bed?
White rabbits are seldom seen these days, white elephants haunt my impulsive ways.
How do I stop this addiction to shoes?
Find a distraction, please help me choose.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 07:12 PM

Nice reading there folks, I thought I’d never get out of school as a kid Ciderman, 40 odd mad kids in one classroom, no picnic I can tell you.

That first poem is about you Sweetie, it has you written all over it, very true too. I had one written for you to post on your Friday night (last night) but we had unexpected visitors and I couldn't get near the Martin Luther, the wife’s niece from Blackheath and her husband, they stayed until 1.30am and drank all me Sandeman port!
I’ll keep the poem for next Friday night.

Hello Nicko and a very warm welcome to you.
Yes this is a sort of open thread, nothing has to make sense or be related in any way to anything else, mixed up scribblings just saying whatever is on your mind at the time, so feel free to say whatever you like, within the forum rules of course.
Never knew that about the birds and the eggs.

I’ve been busy of late and still have plenty to do, I keep telling people that I’m retired but I might as well be talking to the wall. I’ll pop in again later.
nicko
uk
nicko is male 

23-03-2019, 07:24 PM

oh thanks Jem this seems like a real 'good feel' thread!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top