Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 09:17 AM

Re: Personalised number plates

Sometimes you just get lucky, there used to be a Triumph Spitfire running around Cardiff with the reg ANY 14T.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 09:23 AM

I have a personal number plates on my car. They came with the car and they are personal for that car. Nobody else can have them on their car. They were issued by DVLR when the car was new. They don’t mean anything to anyone seeing them as they don’t mean anything to me. Just letters and numbers.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 09:27 AM

My son arrived in his new boxter porsch ( I think it's called that ! ) yesterday also with his personal number plate .

A lovely looking car ( he parked beside my little 11 year old sea't ) even I loved it . He opened the Porsche passenger door as I fell unladylike into the deep leather seats trying to righten myself without looking like a grey haired overweight ole biddy . Son starts the engine it roared or purred not sure which and we set off on a show off drive . I'm trying to sit low in the seat as I dont want to embarrass my lad driving his old mum about . Thank God it was raining or he would have pressed the button to remove the roof for the world to see us both . Some may have looked at the old lady with her toy boy and others looked and thought the young lad with his rich old lady .

At one point he pressed a button and the twin exhausts roared and pushed the car with such a shove I hung on to the door handle as he laughed at the joy of owning his new Boxter Porsche. What a smashing car and quite powerful , I'd hate it as I couldn't control the beautiful beast .

Arriving home I managed to push the passenger door open making it a bit difficult cause we were on a slant then I hauled myself out of the seat legs splaying and kicking trying to get upright out of the sloping car finally son grabs my arms as we both tug and pull to get me out of the deep bucket seats . Embarrassing or what ....neighbours watching through net curtains.

Son worked hard to buy his beautiful Porsche he earned every penny and deserves his moments of joy even with his personalised number plate .

P.S. once upon a time I would have sexily put one stilleto heeled shoe onto the pavement then slid ladylike out of the Porsche with a gentle push of the hips as I alighted looking glamorous.

I'll say no more
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 09:34 AM

I have two personalised number plates that are now on retention as l want to sell them.

I bought them as an INVESTMENT, not to show off. One has trebled in value.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 09:53 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with the character of the owner of the plate or how "nice" they are. But I do think it is a "Look at me" thing. I mean why else would you bother to do it?. What annoys me more is the little happy families stickers on the back window. You know those? ..."I thought you need to know that I have three kids and a dog and we are all happy all the time"..Like I care??..You are just the car in front of me..that's it. Sheesh.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
But then why not have a plate with "G00D M1N" or something? Why put your name on it?
... can't answer that.

But I know some people who have those old plates, early 60s I think. 3 letter & 3 numbers, looks nice on a 10, 20, 30 year old car of indefinable age. Not very expensive either.

A car like THIS, a future classic.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I have a personal number plates on my car. They came with the car and they are personal for that car. Nobody else can have them on their car. They were issued by DVLR when the car was new. They don’t mean anything to anyone seeing them as they don’t mean anything to me. Just letters and numbers.
Nothing wrong with that, Emjay
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My son arrived in his new boxter porsch ( I think it's called that ! ) yesterday also with his personal number plate .

A lovely looking car ( he parked beside my little 11 year old sea't ) even I loved it . He opened the Porsche passenger door as I fell unladylike into the deep leather seats trying to righten myself without looking like a grey haired overweight ole biddy . Son starts the engine it roared or purred not sure which and we set off on a show off drive . I'm trying to sit low in the seat as I dont want to embarrass my lad driving his old mum about . Thank God it was raining or he would have pressed the button to remove the roof for the world to see us both . Some may have looked at the old lady with her toy boy and others looked and thought the young lad with his rich old lady .

At one point he pressed a button and the twin exhausts roared and pushed the car with such a shove I hung on to the door handle as he laughed at the joy of owning his new Boxter Porsche. What a smashing car and quite powerful , I'd hate it as I couldn't control the beautiful beast .

Arriving home I managed to push the passenger door open making it a bit difficult cause we were on a slant then I hauled myself out of the seat legs splaying and kicking trying to get upright out of the sloping car finally son grabs my arms as we both tug and pull to get me out of the deep bucket seats . Embarrassing or what ....neighbours watching through net curtains.

Son worked hard to buy his beautiful Porsche he earned every penny and deserves his moments of joy even with his personalised number plate .

P.S. once upon a time I would have sexily put one stilleto heeled shoe onto the pavement then slid ladylike out of the Porsche with a gentle push of the hips as I alighted looking glamorous.

I'll say no more
Young lad showing off springs to mind, Susan.
Must have a very good job or otherwise he's paying a big car loan with it?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I don't think it has anything to do with the character of the owner of the plate or how "nice" they are. But I do think it is a "Look at me" thing. I mean why else would you bother to do it?. What annoys me more is the little happy families stickers on the back window. You know those? ..."I thought you need to know that I have three kids and a dog and we are all happy all the time"..Like I care??..You are just the car in front of me..that's it. Sheesh.
I saw a Tesco lorry the other day, said

"Baby carrots on board"

Made me laugh.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 10:36 AM

why this plate and Floydy it has nothing to do with your way out suppositions

first my initial
second the number we had of our own at the time
third to promote the kennels
fourth as an investment ( now at least 5 times more than I paid)

oh and not worried about it being traced would do no one any good anyway

Had the chance of same with CAT but could not afford it at the time

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top