Join for free
Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 01:56 PM

Re: Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Tracks

No.982: “More Than I Can Bear” by Matt Bianco (1984)

Going back a bit (sorry). Funny but I heard this on the radio this morning. It has a very ethereal sound. Strange how they were popular at the time as jazz was not really that commercial at the time. I always liked their stuff though, something you could sing along to.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No problem Floydy.
Just pick it up again when you are ready.
Back with today's selections in a few minutes mate, thanks.

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Floydy, I don't think there are many people on OFF with an interest in this kind of thing. Brexit & far right tabloid hate, is far more popular. I find your chosen tracks quite fascinating, varied & obscure I'm following it, but the majority, so far, are alien to me. I'm looking forward seeing what's higher up the charts.
I understand bud, but on the other hand we had so many participants taking part in the "albums" version of this last year. Almost 9,300 posts I believe. There are music fans out there and the only reason I did one on tracks was because there might be more interest from others. I did say that it's not all up to me, others can post their songs too.
Hopefully something may come along that you like a little more

No.982: “More Than I Can Bear” by Matt Bianco (1984)

Going back a bit (sorry). Funny but I heard this on the radio this morning. It has a very ethereal sound. Strange how they were popular at the time as jazz was not really that commercial at the time. I always liked their stuff though, something you could sing along to.
Uncanny those things aren't they mate? Often I've been thinking of a song and I turn on the radio and it's playing.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 06:51 PM

You may find these a little more interesting folks:

No.963: “Richard III” by Supergrass (1997)
Nineties indie thrash at it’s very best. Fast and furious, Supergrass were (and still are) purveyors of excellent retro pop-punk. They always remind of The Undertones.

No.962: “I Am The Fly” by Wire (1978)
Original post-punk this time with Wire, fronted by Colin Newman. This is my favourite song of theirs. Love the “metallic”-sounding guitar on this.

No.961: “Play With Fire” by The Rolling Stones (1965)
From the Stones’ second album I think (please correct me if I’m wrong), an early ballad and one of their best b-sides. This was the flip side to ‘The Last Time’.

No.960: “The Song Of Crazy Horse” by J.D. Blackfoot (1973)
No idea who J.D. Blackfoot were but I did acquire two albums a few years ago. This is the title track of their first album and takes up the entire first side. A great tale about the legendary western hero. Apologies for the rather dull video of this.

No.959: “Nature Boy” by Joe Beck (1968)
A rare album indeed from a largely unknown multi-instrumentalist of the late 60’s. The song has been covered many times but this is my favourite version, a heady psychedelic freak-out.

Tomorrow we will begin with an advertisement for a pint of famous stout…
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 07:35 PM

I actually had this single just as I was beginning my punk phase. I think the cover had a crossword puzzle on it or something.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 07:37 PM

Oh I do love Supergrass. There is far more to them than The Undertones sound. More to come hopefully.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-10-2019, 07:40 PM

I hadn't heard that song but what a great 'full' sound.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:08 PM

The sound of Stones to me epitomizes the excitement of the early sixties more than the Beatles.I don't know what LP "Play with Fire" is on,at that time I was only buying singles.Aftermath was the first Album I bought.I think the Americans got different albums too,so it's a bit confusing.(to me anyway)
Keep up the good work Floydy.Music is more important than all that political bollox,not enough people realize that.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-10-2019, 08:52 PM

Just been doing some research...

I actually had this single just as I was beginning my punk phase. I think the cover had a crossword puzzle on it or something.
Here you go mate:

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Oh I do love Supergrass. There is far more to them than The Undertones sound. More to come hopefully.
No more Supergrass, sadly mate though 'Moving' was close.
I do agree they are far better musicians than The Undertones but then that's the spirit of punk isn't it? Can't beat Teenage Kicks though. But you'll have to wait a long time for that one, d00d

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
The sound of Stones to me epitomizes the excitement of the early sixties more than the Beatles.I don't know what LP "Play with Fire" is on,at that time I was only buying singles.Aftermath was the first Album I bought.I think the Americans got different albums too,so it's a bit confusing.(to me anyway)
Keep up the good work Floydy.Music is more important than all that political bollox,not enough people realize that.
Apparently it was from the U.S. album 'Out Of Our Heads', PS, as you guessed rightly. All good info, cheers

Thanks for the input, lads

Sorry, gotta get back to Prison Break.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 11:37 PM

We have sadly lost regulars Ffosse and Nom too.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-10-2019, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
We have sadly lost regulars Ffosse and Nom too.
This is true mate and those two added so much to the forum. They loved their music and we had some wonderful discussions.
I think we should dedicate this thread to them.

Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top