Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 11:19 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Is it good, to look back in anger.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 12:28 AM

Loved your post Jem.
I will think on that for tomorrow.
Lovely that we kept Ben.
Sorry I missed you Spitty.

Good Night Possums. X
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 04:31 PM

Oh, I say very quiet on Scribbles.

I better think of something quick............................

Ok, there are many songs about places, we listen to them, and don't really take a lot of notice until you actually come across a place in one of those songs.

The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
I have been there, it looked pretty run down to me, but so many years later.
So many songs about New York too, most especially if they name the Avenues, although I never saw any whores on seventh avenue, part of the lyrics from Simon and Garfunkel's The Boxer.

Then there was Graceland by Paul Simon, yes I have been there too.

New Orleans, yep many songs about there also, a place I loved.

How about any of you? Do the songs make you think when you visit the places.?
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 10:01 PM

I would like to adopt this as the New Zealand anthem and ditch that boring thing about God defending NZ, which he doesn't anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kad0...&start_radio=1
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-03-2019, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
I would like to adopt this as the New Zealand anthem and ditch that boring thing about God defending NZ, which he doesn't anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kad0...&start_radio=1
Good choice.

I can't get the video to post????
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 10:11 PM

Did you see the video Sweetie? or just can't repost?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Good choice.

I can't get the video to post????
The video works ok for me ...
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-03-2019, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Did you see the video Sweetie? or just can't repost?
Yes I have watched it.
Fantastic.
I tried to post the video.
It doesn't work, no problems, we have the link.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand

22-03-2019, 10:27 PM

Our first home in New Zealand was in Brown’s Bay , north of Auckland and about a half hour bus trip to Takapuna where I went to my first school. The school bus picked us up every morning at about quarter past eight and we were packed in like sardines for the trip to Takapuna Grammar school. As a recent arrival to New Zealand, I still had some kind of ‘Pommy’ accent and I found that although most of the kids were friendly, one or two used to poke fun at me. This was usually in good fun and no malice was intended but on one occasion a fifth former , so about two years older than me, started to pull my hair. After a bit of ignore it started to hurt and I reached over my head with both hands and clamped onto his wrist. Without any plan, I stood up and turned around to face my attacker. This, of course, caused his arm to rotate and he let out a cry of pain and burst into tears, much to the enjoyment of his classmates who all laughed at him in his pain and clapped me on the back like the winner of a contest. It was all, of course, not planned but by chance I had dislocated his elbow, as we found out later. There were no repercussions although he had to go to hospital to get fixed. It was put down to an accident in the crowded back of the bus and no blame was attached. Which, in a way, was true as I had no plan of attack just hurting hair.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-03-2019, 10:34 PM

Love the story Ciderz.
I think I may have a bit of a posh accent, or so I am told. I know lots of Cockney from my Dad, but it doesn't quite sound right with my accent.
I hate bullies too, I got a bit of that at school, however I am such a joker it soon stopped.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top