Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 07:47 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Nice reading there folks, I thought I’d never get out of school as a kid Ciderman, 40 odd mad kids in one classroom, no picnic I can tell you.

That first poem is about you Sweetie, it has you written all over it, very true too. I had one written for you to post on your Friday night (last night) but we had unexpected visitors and I couldn't get near the Martin Luther, the wife’s niece from Blackheath and her husband, they stayed until 1.30am and drank all me Sandeman port!
I’ll keep the poem for next Friday night.

Hello Nicko and a very warm welcome to you.
Yes this is a sort of open thread, nothing has to make sense or be related in any way to anything else, mixed up scribblings just saying whatever is on your mind at the time, so feel free to say whatever you like, within the forum rules of course.
Never knew that about the birds and the eggs.

I’ve been busy of late and still have plenty to do, I keep telling people that I’m retired but I might as well be talking to the wall. I’ll pop in again later.
Aww Jem another poem for me, I am touched.
Yes, the other poem was written for me.

Now I had better get composing one for each of you.

I hope you are all well.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by nicko ->
oh thanks Jem this seems like a real 'good feel' thread!
nicko,m'main man-let whatever's in your mind flow across this cherished thread,old chap. Be it personal,mere observation,the result of an unexpected experience...or merely musings.

For,THIS thread,above ALL others,is the home of ALL of our wonderings,musings,idle thoughts and,of course,opinions.

.....just don't mention the 'B'-word!!!!!

nicko
uk
nicko is male 

23-03-2019, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
nicko,m'main man-let whatever's in your mind flow across this cherished thread,old chap. Be it personal,mere observation,the result of an unexpected experience...or merely musings.

For,THIS thread,above ALL others,is the home of ALL of our wonderings,musings,idle thoughts and,of course,opinions.

.....just don't mention the 'B'-word!!!!!

you mean the bee word? - no I never use the bee word - I have been known to use the Flip word occasionally?

A good friend of mine wrote me a limerick once about words and their meanings I will have a look in my portfolio and dig it out?
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 10:46 PM

Hello Nicko! I'm the most southern representative of humankind on here. Even Gumbud is north of me. Hope you enjoy it here. It's pretty relaxed which is nice.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 10:48 PM

Yes certain songs always ring a bell with me Sweetie, but not being a well travelled man my musical association with places is confined to these isles.
Scot McKenzie’s San Francisco always conjures up images of a gay bar I accidentally wandered into in Ruislip back in the 70’s, all nice people in there but a bit too friendly for my liking, one elfin looking chap tried to sit on my lap when he heard my accent “Gee are you an Irish guy? my Grandma came from Galway” I hastened down my drink, made my excuses and left sharply.

“Come back Paddy Reilly to Ballyjamesduff”, that reminds me of that famous Irish brewer James Duff who makes all his beer exclusively for export to the USA, you may have noticed that TV celebrity Homer Simpson drinking “Duff” beer all the time, well now you know that it was brewed in Ballyjamesduff.

“How are things in Glocca Morra?” (From “Finian’s Rainbow”) Well I’m afraid nobody knows because there is no such place

“Step it out Mary” is an old folk song my granny used to sing, she was a fine woman and whenever I hear the song being sung in folk pubs I can see her lifting her dress just above the ankles and showing her white hairless shins, she always did that while singing the song, something like the saloon girls of the old wild west, God rest her soul.
Women had no hair on their legs back then, it was unhaired of, hairy women was always a big turn off for fellas back in the 60’s.

Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 10:52 PM

Good to see/read newcomer's muses.

I haven't decided yet who is in charge of this asylum, after 6 years on the inside. I have made a soap bar impression of the master key, but accidentally dropped it in the shower.

hey ho
nicko
uk
nicko is male 

23-03-2019, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Yes certain songs always ring a bell with me Sweetie, but not being a well travelled man my musical association with places is confined to these isles.
Scot McKenzie’s San Francisco always conjures up images of a gay bar I accidentally wandered into in Ruislip back in the 70’s, all nice people in there but a bit too friendly for my liking, one elfin looking chap tried to sit on my lap when he heard my accent “Gee are you an Irish guy? my Grandma came from Galway” I hastened down my drink, made my excuses and left sharply.

“Come back Paddy Reilly to Ballyjamesduff”, that reminds me of that famous Irish brewer James Duff who makes all his beer exclusively for export to the USA, you may have noticed that TV celebrity Homer Simpson drinking “Duff” beer all the time, well now you know that it was brewed in Ballyjamesduff.

“How are things in Glocca Morra?” (From “Finian’s Rainbow”) Well I’m afraid nobody knows because there is no such place

“Step it out Mary” is an old folk song my granny used to sing, she was a fine woman and whenever I hear the song being sung in folk pubs I can see her lifting her dress just above the ankles and showing her white hairless shins, she always did that while singing the song, something like the saloon girls of the old wild west, God rest her soul.
Women had no hair on their legs back then, it was unhaired of, hairy women was always a big turn off for fellas back in the 60’s.

that reminds me of poor old puddle ducks dilemma with her three hail marys and all
nicko
uk
nicko is male 

23-03-2019, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Good to see/read newcomer's muses.

I haven't decided yet who is in charge of this asylum, after 6 years on the inside. I have made a soap bar impression of the master key, but accidentally dropped it in the shower.

hey ho
someone told me to watch out for RJ the funny one! you're a barrel of laughs - do the barrels come in assorted sizes?

which in turn reminds me of the old tale about the two nuns - during a water shortage taking a bath together - and there they were happily slopping about and singing the three hail marys when one says to the other one " where's the soap and the other one says - yes it does doesn't it"!! - ya have to tink about that a while !
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 10:59 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBnSWJHawQQ

THIS,is the very first 'single' I ever bought.
I'd arrived back in the UK after a 7 month trip in the Merchany Navy-my very first trip-and I thought it was truly inspirational...and I still do...

[sorry - I have NO idea how to post Youtube videos,so I had to post the link. Please forgive my ineptness...]

{incidentally,this was also the very first song I played guitar to an audience,when we played the youth centre,in Chelmsford}
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 11:03 PM

Well put Pug me lad.

Originally Posted by nicko ->
that reminds me of poor old puddle ducks dilemma with her three hail marys and all
Oh don't forget the "Glory be to God' at the end of the three hail marys.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top