Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 05:14 PM

Man fined after driving one car with another car "loaded" on its roof in Aberystwyth

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wal...in-aberystwyth (video)

A man has been fined and given three penalty points on his driving licence after driving a car with another car strapped to its roof.

Glyndwr Wyn Richards, from Llanfarian in Ceredigion, was convicted of using a motor vehicle in a condition likely to cause injury at Aberystwyth Magistrates' Court on Wednesday.

Richards, 51, was seen driving the car through Aberystwyth to a scrap yard on the Glan yr Afon Industrial Estate in March.

He was fined £80 and told to pay a victim surcharge of £30 and costs of £85 after pleading guilty to the offence.
I wonder how he "loaded" the top car and how it was secured (if at all) .....

Anyway, the fine is pathetically inadequate for endangering other road users .....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 05:21 PM

Re: Man fined after driving one car with another car "loaded" on its roof in Aberystwyth

blimey did he really think he would not be stopped? takes all sorts I suppose
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 05:33 PM

Re: Man fined after driving one car with another car "loaded" on its roof in Aberystwyth

how could he be so stupid , the fine wasn't enough...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 11:34 PM

Accident on a main road near here, caused by a lorry towing a caravan & two trailers. People in cars hurt. Driver has been arrested for dangerous driving, he was injured too. Surely towing like that is illegal?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

I was just wondering that! Even if it was secure - it would still be a danger as other drivers could be distracted and cause accidents!

Anyway, the fine is pathetically inadequate for endangering other road users .....
I agree.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Accident on a main road near here, caused by a lorry towing a caravan & two trailers. People in cars hurt. Driver has been arrested for dangerous driving, he was injured too. Surely towing like that is illegal?
Showmen are the only people allowed to tow multiple trailers under some archaic law I have been told by some haulage friends of mine.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 09:05 AM

Occasionally you see a car trailer with the car loaded on facing backwards. Personally I steer well clear because if a trailer is going to weave and become unstable that is one dead cert way of achieving it.

Putting most weight behind the trailer's axle is very stupid and dangerous.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Showmen are the only people allowed to tow multiple trailers under some archaic law I have been told by some haulage friends of mine.
Thanks for that, Purwell. The driver could have been a showman, it didn't say.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

This is Wales we're talking about
He probably asked his mate to give him a hand lifting it up
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
This is Wales we're talking about
He probably asked his mate to give him a hand lifting it up
As soon as I saw it on the news this morning , I thought, 'ah, Rhian is having a clear out.'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top