Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 12:00 PM

Re: Personalised number plates

I used to have 747 HJH on my Austin A35 Rustbucket .....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 12:06 PM

POT 80

Belonged to a potato merchant in Dundee.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 12:07 PM

There’s a Lamborghini around here with the reg HE11 YEA
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
This...

Became this...

Trade plates then. Dobbers??

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
There’s a Lamborghini around here with the reg HE11 YEA
Well you are in the posh part of Yorkshire, Primus...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
POT 80

Belonged to a potato merchant in Dundee.
That's acceptable. A pun on his trade
Better than being called SPU 1D I guess!
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 01:07 PM

I agree with Floydy on this one, people have personalised number plates so they can stand out against everyone else and i do agree with Floydy's point that having one is all to do with 'ME ME ME' because come on, lets be honest here, when someone see's a personalised number plate, they start conversations about how cool the plate looks, why get the plate, why chose that name and combination of numbers and letters to get that name, how much did it cost, why put it on that car and not something else, was it a gift/present, are you going to keep it' and it goes on and on.

When such conversations take place, it makes the plate owner feel special because they are the ones who are now the centre of attention. It is no different when it comes to clothing, jewellery, shoes, clothing accessories, some people chose to wear what they wear because they want to stand out from the rest, to be noticed, to be talked about, to create conversations. That's my view on it anyway.

As for car registrations, i see a number of them around where i work or when i am waiting at the bus stop near to work. The two that stand out the most are ST1 BEN and D0 0NE, one is on a red peugeot and the other is on a black BMW.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-09-2019, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
I agree with Floydy on this one, people have personalised number plates so they can stand out against everyone else and i do agree with Floydy's point that having one is all to do with 'ME ME ME' because come on, lets be honest here, when someone see's a personalised number plate, they start conversations about how cool the plate looks, why get the plate, why chose that name and combination of numbers and letters to get that name, how much did it cost, why put it on that car and not something else, was it a gift/present, are you going to keep it' and it goes on and on.

When such conversations take place, it makes the plate owner feel special because they are the ones who are now the centre of attention. It is no different when it comes to clothing, jewellery, shoes, clothing accessories, some people chose to wear what they wear because they want to stand out from the rest, to be noticed, to be talked about, to create conversations. That's my view on it anyway.

As for car registrations, i see a number of them around where i work or when i am waiting at the bus stop near to work. The two that stand out the most are ST1 BEN and D0 0NE, one is on a red peugeot and the other is on a black BMW.
Thank you Dodge.
BMW and Audi drivers almost certainly have to have a personalised number plate to reflect their character

(Cue Floydy now anticipating a huge surge of shouting and telling off from OFF members with BMW and Audis )
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
you could say that if someone has something a little better that the next person is showing off.

If you can afford it then why not have it. Only jealousy and envy causes resentment

What many forget is people work damn hard to get something not sit on their backsides relying on state handouts
Eh? Why would I be jealous of a numberplate? That's a ridiculous thing to say.

Not everyone who works damn hard feels the need to spend that hard earned money on something like a numberplate.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 02:13 PM

The personalised number plate on my van reflects my job as an electrician - no different from sign writing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My son arrived in his new boxter porsch ( I think it's called that ! ) yesterday also with his personal number plate .

A lovely looking car ( he parked beside my little 11 year old sea't ) even I loved it . He opened the Porsche passenger door as I fell unladylike into the deep leather seats trying to righten myself without looking like a grey haired overweight ole biddy . Son starts the engine it roared or purred not sure which and we set off on a show off drive . I'm trying to sit low in the seat as I dont want to embarrass my lad driving his old mum about . Thank God it was raining or he would have pressed the button to remove the roof for the world to see us both . Some may have looked at the old lady with her toy boy and others looked and thought the young lad with his rich old lady .

At one point he pressed a button and the twin exhausts roared and pushed the car with such a shove I hung on to the door handle as he laughed at the joy of owning his new Boxter Porsche. What a smashing car and quite powerful , I'd hate it as I couldn't control the beautiful beast .

Arriving home I managed to push the passenger door open making it a bit difficult cause we were on a slant then I hauled myself out of the seat legs splaying and kicking trying to get upright out of the sloping car finally son grabs my arms as we both tug and pull to get me out of the deep bucket seats . Embarrassing or what ....neighbours watching through net curtains.

Son worked hard to buy his beautiful Porsche he earned every penny and deserves his moments of joy even with his personalised number plate .

P.S. once upon a time I would have sexily put one stilleto heeled shoe onto the pavement then slid ladylike out of the Porsche with a gentle push of the hips as I alighted looking glamorous.

I'll say no more
Ha

That made me laugh Susan.

We were given a sporty BMW as a hire car recently and I had to roll out of that too. I couldn't wait to give it back to be honest.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top