Re: The Irish Border Problem
1) The border will remain open
and as it is now.
2) The word will soon get out to everyone who wants to take advantage of those stupid English
that all one needs to do is fly to Dublin
, hire a car, and drive to Belfast, and board a ferry to England.
3) The government (Which ever one is in power, doesn't matter they are all the same 'uman rights activists) will put out bland statements about checks on the ferries
4) They will catch about 10% on the ferries
, the rest will end up in England (Some in Scotland & Wales but not many)
5) The status quo will be as now
, huge amounts of welfare and housing money paid out to those who end up in London or other cities.
The Dublin Police and Immigration will adopt the same attitude as their counterparts in Calais
, just look the other way when they go through Dublin security as long as they are not staying in the ROI it will not be their problem.