Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:06 PM

Taking advantage

Recently I bought a recliner chair from a disability shop. I was told it would be difficult to assemble at home so I paid £80 for delivery and an engineer to assemble it. But when it came my son found it would have been easy to follow directions for assembling yourself. I wrote to the company pointing this out,aying that I hadnt needed to spend this money. Today they replied, saying that" If a standard free delivery is chosen the chair will be brought to your front door only . This would involve not only yourself having to put the chair together,but to bring the box into your home from the front door,which is relatively heavy and difficult, The engineer delivery consists of the engineer putting the chair together for the customer and carrying it into the house."
I do feel that this was a bit OTT considering this shop deals with goods for disabled people,and the goods are not cheap. a lot of disabled people dont have much money to spare ,without having to pay for extras
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:20 PM

Re: Taking advantage

I recently bought two recliner chairs from a Disability company. They threw in the cost of the engineer delivery assembly charge for free. When the chairs were delivered they were in the wrong fabric. The engineers left the chairs with me. I immediately contacted the supplier. They agreed that the fabric was incorrect and arranged for two more chairs in the correct fabric to be ordered. These were delivered again last week, the incorrect ones taken away, so I am one happy customer. The engineers could not have been more pleasant, we had a good laugh, they took away all of the packaging too.

I will use the company again.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top