Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 11:07 AM

What Words Do You Hate The Most?

I hate the word ‘partner’ and cringe when l have to use it. I can’t think of any other word you can you use for the person you have lived with and not married.

I also don’t like the word ‘awesome’.

It seems the most hated word is ‘moist’! I’m not sure why?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 11:15 AM

Re: What Words Do You Hate The Most?

'Awesome' and 'Amazing' when used inappropriately in shows like X-Factor, Britains Got Talent etc. The contestants and the judges both use these words over and over to describe everything!

I don't mind 'Partner' at all.
Don't see any alternative really, if a couple are unmarried.
shropshiregirl
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 11:18 AM

Morning Art, hope you are well x

I hate it when someone is explaining something to me and precedes their answer with "it's not rocket science". as if I should already understand.
I find this saying very offensive. In fact, It makes me want to slap them on the head!.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
'Awesome' and 'Amazing' when used inappropriately in shows like X-Factor, Britains Got Talent etc. The contestants and the judges both use these words over and over to describe everything!

I don't mind 'Partner' at all.
Don't see any alternative really, if a couple are unmarried.
Mups, My problem was, the person l lived with was called Chris and if l was telling someone my partner was called Chris. l wondered if they thought, my partner was Christine, not Christopher!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 11:24 AM

What I dislike the most is not the words themselves but the way they sneak into our language so that in the end everyone is using them.

I dislike the phrase 'back story'

This is a weird one but for some reason I have always disliked the words 'breakfast' and 'lunch'. I have no idea why but I hate using them even though they are essential.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, My problem was, the person l lived with was called Chris and if l was telling someone my partner was called Chris. l wondered if they thought, my partner was Christine, not Christopher!!
I would have assumed it was a man.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 11:27 AM

Swear words I hate & I'm not printing them. Any words meaning bodily fluids that are used as swear words also.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

12-07-2018, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Morning Art, hope you are well x

I hate it when someone is explaining something to me and precedes their answer with "it's not rocket science". as if I should already understand.
I find this saying very offensive. In fact, It makes me want to slap them on the head!.
Hi SG, l am great, Thank You. I don’t see you on here so much. I would have liked to have seen you on the ‘Hot Seat’ thread. I am sure you have a tale to tell!!

Now you have widened it to words, l don’t like when referring to food, , ‘Can l get’. ‘Shall l pick something up on my way home’. ‘a coffee’. ‘On the side’.
I blame America!!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 11:31 AM

'Hubby' is an irritating word I would never use, as is 'furbaby' when referring to an animal.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

12-07-2018, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What I dislike the most is not the words themselves but the way they sneak into our language so that in the end everyone is using them.

I dislike the phrase 'back story'

This is a weird one but for some reason I have always disliked the words 'breakfast' and 'lunch'. I have no idea why but I hate using them even though they are essential.
Longy, l have never heard of, ‘back story’. In what context is it used?

You dislike, ‘breakfast’ and ‘lunch’? Mmmn, that’s a bit unusual. What does your Shrink say about it?
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top