Fifty Ways To Know You're Over 50!
I take it all of us here are over 50?
Well I thought this article by Quintin Lets in todays Daily Mail may give you some food for thought.
From calling your children by the dog's name to turning the heating off in April regardless of the weather – QUENTIN LETTS finds fifty ways you know you're over 50.
Here are the first 8 to think about, but see how many of the rest also will let you know that you are over 50 by clicking on the Daily Mail link to the article above.
1. Getting your children's names muddled up, and possibly calling them by your dog's name, too, before you get it right on the third try.
2. A pathetic inability to operate the television's remote control (even though you have had the damn thing for eight years).
3. You offer to look after everyone's passport at the airport.
4. Yearning, perhaps a little too loudly, for 'proper' hymns when you attend a family wedding.
5. Knowing an oak from a walnut and a cedar from a pine, but still not recognising the aroma of marijuana and loudly asking your wife: 'What's that funny smell?'
6. Laughing as you recount the Ecky-Thump episode of The Goodies.
7. Tapping the petrol-pump nozzle against your car to make sure you get the last drips of fuel in your tank.
8. Whistling. Honestly, Dad, no one under 80 whistles.
Do any of them or the rest ring a bell?
Time to see a Doctor perhaps?