Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 02:19 PM

Fifty Ways To Know You're Over 50!

I take it all of us here are over 50?
Well I thought this article by Quintin Lets in todays Daily Mail may give you some food for thought.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...dogs-name.html

From calling your children by the dog's name to turning the heating off in April regardless of the weather – QUENTIN LETTS finds fifty ways you know you're over 50.

Here are the first 8 to think about, but see how many of the rest also will let you know that you are over 50 by clicking on the Daily Mail link to the article above.

1. Getting your children's names muddled up, and possibly calling them by your dog's name, too, before you get it right on the third try.

2. A pathetic inability to operate the television's remote control (even though you have had the damn thing for eight years).

3. You offer to look after everyone's passport at the airport.

4. Yearning, perhaps a little too loudly, for 'proper' hymns when you attend a family wedding.

5. Knowing an oak from a walnut and a cedar from a pine, but still not recognising the aroma of marijuana and loudly asking your wife: 'What's that funny smell?'

6. Laughing as you recount the Ecky-Thump episode of The Goodies.

7. Tapping the petrol-pump nozzle against your car to make sure you get the last drips of fuel in your tank.

8. Whistling. Honestly, Dad, no one under 80 whistles.

Do any of them or the rest ring a bell?
Time to see a Doctor perhaps?
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 02:24 PM

Re: Fifty Ways To Know You're Over 50!

41. Picking up pennies and tuppenny bits from the pavement, saying: 'Waste not, want not'.

Well, I am a Scotsman after all!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 02:51 PM

Number three for me. Gawd I am the only one in my family with a handbag.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 02:53 PM

Pmsl!
31. 36. And 39.
Its very funny this getting old lark....an I've got yrs of it left to go yet (hopefully)
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 03:08 PM

Going from one room to another and forgetting why.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 03:24 PM

No'7 for me lol … every drop helps
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Going from one room to another and forgetting why.
I frequently do that & I forget where I put things down too.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 04:42 PM

Yes, there are a number of things there I can relate to. I remember reading a similar list when I turned forty.

Fifty might be thought old(ish) by some but it isn't really. It might be thought so when looking at it from thirty-something* but when in the seventies and looking back, fifty seems positively youthful.

* Edit: or even when turning fifty as I remember.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 05:36 PM

There are only about three things I can see which apply to me. I think this thread is more suited to my parents' generation than people who have only just turned 50.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 06:25 PM

Number five. I don't know the different types of wood but I know what marijuana smells like.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top